Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jerky pig

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

jerky pig - Page 2 Empty bad throttle resonse

Post  Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 am

have you checked the operation of the acl valve?

Back to top Go down

jerky pig - Page 2 Empty Re: jerky pig

Post  Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:32 am

Yesterday, I posted this on the wrong post.

Air cutoff valve bad?

Are the jets and needle OEM Keihin or aftermarket? You must use OEM. Aftermarket manufacture's jets and needles can be all over the place in regard to true size due to crappy manufacturing tolerances. For example, even though it states it is a 68 the true sie could be a 60.

Some bikes like 70 pilot.

So you float is at the proper level?

Did you properly assembled Air cutoff valve bad?

Are the jets and needle OEM Keihin or aftermarket? You must use OEM. Aftermarket manufacture's jets and needles can be all over the place in regard to true size due to crappy manufacturing tolerances. For example, even though it states it is a 68 the true sie could be a 60.

Some bikes like 70 pilot.

So you float is at the proper level?

Did you properly assemble the fuel/air screw?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:32 am

What octane gasoline are you using?
Standing for 4 months the only thing that would realy change is the octane number decreasing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Mark,

on the LHS of the std carb is a lil' cover - behind which a small membrane lives.
The cover has a tiny bore in it - plug it with a drop of silicone or epoxy glue.
Let dry, reassemble & ride.... better now?

BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:47 am

hmmmm - you think that will fix? I had the carb apart and checked all that was in good condition and working but decided not to do that mod becasue of mixed reviews online - will give it ago though if you think that will fix it.

Cheers
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:49 am

SkidMark wrote:hmmmm - you think that will fix?  I had the carb apart and checked all that was in good condition and working but decided not to do that mod becasue of mixed reviews online - will give it ago though if you think that will fix it.

Cheers
SkidMark

I agree I wouldn't bugger with my carb, try something less radical if you can maybe a rubber bung you could remove easily...pop it in try her out see what happens etc....
I heard another fix was to turn your carb right round and fit it backwards....not sure if it's a reliable source or not dummy
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:11 am

Mauser wrote:try something less radical
Maybe cheaper petrol?  BRP smile 
It won't die becouse of a few dozens of miles, it didn't even when I had to fill it with 3/4 80-octane gasoline and 1/4 diesel mix in the middle of nowhere, just a little detonation if whacked the throttle to hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:21 am

MCVL wrote:
Mauser wrote:try something less radical
Maybe cheaper petrol?  BRP smile 
It won't die becouse of a few dozens of miles, it didn't even when I had to fill it with 3/4 80-octane gasoline and 1/4 diesel mix in the middle of nowhere, just a little detonation if whacked the throttle to hard

My comments were aimed at Mark's problems  BRP smile 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 am

Mauser wrote:
My comments were aimed at Mark's problems  BRP smile 
Oh, smth about the chain slack problem, I didn't see it, sry Smile
P.S. I must have overworked a bit  crazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:05 am

Mauser wrote:
SkidMark wrote:hmmmm - you think that will fix?  I had the carb apart and checked all that was in good condition and working but decided not to do that mod becasue of mixed reviews online - will give it ago though if you think that will fix it.

Cheers
SkidMark

I agree I wouldn't bugger with my carb, try something less radical if you can maybe a rubber bung you could remove easily...pop it in try her out see what happens etc....
I heard another fix was to turn your carb right round and fit it backwards....not sure if it's a reliable source or not  dummy

That is very dangerous mod mauser , it will add extra 20 hp to he bike and people cannot handle all that power - resulting in nasty accidents  listen up 

Kepp your sticky fingers of my posts  dummy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 am

TJE wrote: ... and clearly a virgin mechanic too!

Thomas, I'll be honest with you: I am ab-so-lu-te-ly fed up with my current job, and wish to relocate, do something else or whatever, but a change it must be!
Hence me taking interest in your line above, it tickled my fancy immeasurably!
Please help this old geezer to indulge a bit will ya?
Where do I go for training to become a virgin mechanic, what are the cost involved, and does one get to work on real virgins?

BRP smile  Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2