Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

temperture guage set up

Go down

temperture guage set up Empty temperture guage set up

Post  Guest Mon May 05, 2014 5:09 pm

was thinking of added a temperture guage for coolant , seen some models available but are for the coolant hose and the one which screws in with threads looks like no where to insert .
Just would like to know were the engine is working temperture and a method to install if any one here as done so , mike
oh snow is almost gone so time for XR rides and park the sleds

Back to top Go down

temperture guage set up Empty Re: temperture guage set up

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 am

A Trailtech Vapor will get you a dash with cpl temp-sensor, of course in-line mounted. Works well too.

Back to top Go down

temperture guage set up Empty Trail Tech products

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 pm

http://www.trailtecheurope.com/acatalog/Temperature_Sensors.html
found this on line , what size of coolant hose are the xr 650 r , also l see not much room for inline set up , where did you mount your system , would one place after the thermostat or after the radiators to pump?
thanks for any answers
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Here is how I have mine set up:

temperture guage set up IMGP1632

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:30 pm

l was just with my bike did a tank upgrade and a site tube for engine oil, after thinking about where l would install a temperature sender l thought this would work exactly were you did your , thanks for the insite
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 07, 2014 2:09 am

There's a boss on the thermostat housing that can be drilled and tapped for the temperature sender. Lots of people have done this mod, nice and clean and you don't have to add two more hose clamps.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 am

dweller wrote:There's a boss on the thermostat housing that can be drilled and tapped for the temperature sender.  Lots of people have done this mod, nice and clean and you don't have to add two more hose clamps.
That's the way I would go  listen up .....but you could just install a rad stat switch to a single LED which would come on when the water hit a certain temp as a warning ?......or it could throw a relay and make the bike cut out lol....
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 08, 2014 2:24 am

thanks for the reply , l can get either set , but like like the idea of sender in thermostat housing , would any one have a picture to share of this set up , after working on a couple upgrades l decided to take a look at the carb , so l checked it out and removed the bowl , l didn't know much about the previous work and found a 175 main a 65s pilot and the carb boot at engine was upgraded from stock so uncorked , the previous owner didn't know any previous history . l have a few 500r bikes for many years so the 650r is quite new to me and l respect the hp , l had purchased the bike late fall so did a couple improvements when l received it and found it had plenty of torque now l see why. l need to find a special tap to apply a sender l see as well, again thanks for the reply's
mike
oh does ac out put at stator ok , for a set up for temperature sender and digital gauge

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 am

The AC is still regulated just not rectified on the US models...mine included, couldn't see any reason for the temp sender to not work on AC but depending on the style you choose some electrical sensing version might not like AC. Do you need a digital gauge ?, if yes then you might need to fit a rectifier but not 100% sure.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:09 am

dweller wrote:There's a boss on the thermostat housing that can be drilled and tapped for the temperature sender.  Lots of people have done this mod, nice and clean and you don't have to add two more hose clamps.
any one have pictures of sender in thermostat housing to see location
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 11, 2014 2:57 am

thanks for the link and all , know what i'm going to do now . again thanks mike
oh l should of looked and seen where one could do the set up and would of know, right on

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum