Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Xrr

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Xrr  - Page 2 Empty Re: My Xrr

Post  Mauser Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:07 am

I feel for you Sean....I really do, my bikes are my only enjoyment outside my family...I don't spend anything on myself just the bikes, to have someone work on it and constantly lie about stuff must be hard going. Maybe when its back home you can fill us in and we can ward off others from using this dick head.

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am

Hey Sean, sounds like this guy has too much on his plate and should of told you it may take little longer than usual being that he's busy! I would rather hear the truth than lies... beat head like Mauser said the enjoyment I get outside my family is when im riding my bike or tinkering on her in the garage with a frosty cold one!  cheers

Sean I am sure in the end you will get your bike back together and put this behind you! keep us posted!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:59 am

This is the thing boys , im the same my bike is my escape , i hate my job and i loath crowds and human noise IE loud music ,dogs barking ,human noise pollution, in general i just dont like ppl and like my own company , so my bike is the way i get to do that .Now if ol mate had have called me 4 weeks back and said Sean , look mate shit has happened and im in the poo , i wont be able to get your motor back to you when i said i would . I would have said no worries cobba , thanks for keeping me in the LOOP and get to it when you can ,.That would have been fine with me , but noooooo , no response to emails sent , no call backs after calls made , so on and so forth . I'm not talking massive coin here but it is 3k by the time i sent it there and back and got the extra's done i wanted , so i do expect to be treated in a respectable way , im sure as shit when he actually gets the thing ready to ship back he will want his Fuking money el pronto but ....... cock sucker ,

sorry for my bitch boys but i need to vent to somewhere b4 i blow my gasket and get my self in the shit Frustrated

all in all i know ill get it back and all will be fine , but in the mean time im missing some good rides with some good mates and that really piss's me off

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry to hear this Sean.
Let's hope all will end well, because as shit is happening it at least should stop also Bump

Construction industry has fancy excuses you say? Hell, would love to hear them, cos I know all the fancy sidestepping footwork common in the steel industry, I might learn a few new one's Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 pm

You can steal your lads WR250 and go for a little ride while you waiting for the motor Bump
I have read about the ride that XRonly had organized down under , dont worry there will be another one rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:52 am

yea i get a few rides on the wr but its just not the same , and my young fella rides often also ,so it aint always easy to get

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:31 pm

How'd ya go Sean-0, any forward movement over the weekend do you know?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 pm

nothing mate not a word , but thats no surprise

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:34 am

That's pretty f*cked up, pretty sure he's a regular on the Old Bulls Forum also.

Those guys rave about him in there, TB is chummy with him too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:53 am

yea i know , i spoke to greg AKA tb b4 i sent my motor down ,pretty piss poor , sent another email this morning still no replies

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:49 am

WTF...Sean sounds like you need to go MADMAX on this guy, and get your motor back from Barter town!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:38 am

I had asked him a couple of questions regarding "Safari" suspension a while ago on OB, he answered them all and was very helpful I will admit.
Then a few weeks later I got a PM which was additional to the safari shock I had asked him about and at the end was this-  "I have a hotcam and timing chain here, i thought you wanted them or was it only an inquiry?"
(cut and paste from the original message)
Seemed pretty left field  and strange, I had not asked him about any cams or timing chains and this is all under the "Safari Shock" PM- which he wanted too much for. I can get the same job done via Terry Hay for $500 less than old mate wanted to charge me, that's a whole nuther thread..

All sounded a bit weird at the time and I've kept my distance since then.

I'm sure the engine will be bullet proof but if your paying for a service you should receive said service or at least an honest explanation as to why its running late before the customer has to ask you. He would have known a long time prior to getting to this point that he was going to have issues delivering the engine, he should have made contact with you then and there, not let it get to where we are now.

Sounds like he works up here, no competition up here. Companies do as they please- (NT) Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Thursday

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 am

yea i lived up there for 4 yrs i know all about it , as for this guy , full of shit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:50 am

got a text today , supposed to be in transit from toll , i am yetto give him any money for the work done so if my motor turns up and i then have to send him the money ,,, it may take a ******* while ,,payback's a bitch razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 am

May as well give yourself a discount then??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:12 pm

You can send him link to this thread after you get your engine back , just to make him realize that we are in the age of internet now and what effect does it have on ones business naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 am

sean o

Aug 11

to nick
Hi Nick Sean here , just a quick email to let you know my address

Now in the box with my motor is the stock cam as i currently have the stage 2 cam in the motor

also is my drop sheet from my work as i need that back as i used it to pack around the motor

Is it possible for you to take pics for me with the pull down as i really want to see how the bore is and what the timing chain is like

so im looking at a full rebuild of anything not in spec as the motor has over 90,000 kms on it i would like to get it to do that again as we discussed

is there any warranty on this rebuild at all ?
and can you call me if it gets out of hand on replacement parts as we discussed
my ph number is 0401905905

Thanks Sean Clark
Nick Dole

Aug 11

to me
Hi Sean, can you include the prices we discussed, I didn't record it. I'll make sure we are both in the same ballpark
sean o

Aug 11

to Nick
wasn't really talked about mate but i think you said 1500 there abouts in parts and around 700 labor i think , i have 3.5 k to throw at it and just want it done right hence getting you to do it , so if we can keep it under or near that figure ill be happy , as you said its hard to tell till you open it up . motor is not lunched it self i just think my timing chain has stretched out of spec  and will tend to snuff it self out when on idle , was not using much oil only had to top it up when it had a hard ride at high revs , i baby it .I dropped the oil last week and didnt find anything bad ,and the counter shaft spline has no burs or bad wear on it from what i can see .

so does that cover it ya recon ?
Sean

PS any mods you suggest or should i just keep it stock
Nick Dole

Aug 11

to me

Hi Sean,

Ok, I remember now!

Yes, budget is good, we can be under that.

I'd keep it stock as possible, maybe port the head when I machine it and take a few hundred grams off the flywheel but that's it. No high comp pistons

Nick Dole

Sent: Monday, 11 August 2014 3:40 PM
To: Nick Dole
Subject: Re: xr650r rebuild
sean o

Aug 11

to Nick
Ok cool , yes a few grams off the flywheel be very nice ,and some port work on the head to get a better flow be very nice also , now i have the stock carb here as well , do you want me to put that in the box with the motor and stock cam .I have the tm40 pumper on it now as it seems to get better fuel consumption , or  maybe my carb just needs the Nick Dole magic fingers to get it back in spec ? your opinion

Keep it stock if you wanna rock , so i am told

Talk soon Sean
sean o

Aug 11

to Nick
Nick i have spoken to my mate , he said it would be ok for pick up from his workshop .His Address is
Proform Sheetmetal Unit 3/10 Expansion st Molendinar QLD 4214
Would be easy to pick up from there during Business hrs
I will be dropping the motor of to him on Wednesday this week so Thursday or Friday pickup would be good
Nick Dole

Aug 11

to Leanne, me

Ok sean I'll ask Lea to organise it

Nick Dole

Sent: Monday, 11 August 2014 6:19 PM
sean o

Aug 18

to Nick
Hi Nick Did the motor turn up today ?
Nick Dole

Aug 18

to me
Yes! Will unpack it tomorrow
Sean Clark

Aug 18

to Nick
Thanks mate ..stock cam is in the box along with my stock carb ....is it possible to get the cam ground to hrc spec ..opinion

Sent from my Telstra Next G device
sean o

Aug 20

to Nick
Hi Nick , did you get a chance to pull it out of the box ,
Nick Dole

Aug 20

to me
Yes, on the bench. Will get it pulled down this week
Nick Dole

Aug 22

to me

Yes. all out

Nick Dole

Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2014 7:10 AM
Sean Clark

Aug 22

to Nick
Thanks mate . Can u do me a favor and take picks for me .Could I also keep all replaced parts just send them back in the box .
Nick Dole

Aug 22

to me
image.jpeg
Sean Clark

Aug 27

to Nick
Gday Nick ...any progress mate ...
Sean Clark

Aug 29

to Nick
Hi NICK ...progress on the xrr motor Sean
Nick Dole

Sep 3

to me
Waiting on a countershaft and a few other parts.
Engine is ok, normal wear parts mostly.
Sean Clark

Sep 3

to Nick
Thanks Nick ..what do you recon ...couple of weeks yet
Nick Dole

Sep 3

to me
Hope so. Got the cam being done too.
Countershaft was pretty worn.
Inlet valves are no good
Cam chain stretched but not the worst I've seen
sean o

Sep 15

to Nick
G'Day Nick , whats the news mate , parts arrive , any updates ?
Nick Dole

Sep 16

to me
Hi Sean,
Just got the countershaft. Should see the cam Tuesday.
sean o

Sep 16

to Nick
Thanks nick . maybe she be ready by the end of nxt week
Nick Dole

Sep 16

to me
That sounds reasonable. I want to build the engine this weekend less cam
sean o

Sep 16

to Nick
Sounds good Nick , so all in all im on budget you think , did you have a chance to look at my carb
Nick Dole

Sep 17

to me
I'll work it out today
sean o

Sep 19

to Nick
How did ya go Nick did you get a figure in your mind for the cost
sean o

Oct 7 (3 days ago)

to Nick
Nick ,how did you fare with my motor , is it ready yet ?
Nick Dole

Oct 7 (3 days ago)

to me

Hi Sean, almost finished, porting the head tonight. bottom end went together well, forgot to order a gear change seal, will get one tomorrow so i can send it out tomorrow

Nick Dole

Sent: Tuesday, 7 October 2014 9:13 AM
sean o

Oct 7 (3 days ago)

to Nick

Great news mate im pumped
sean o

Oct 8 (2 days ago)

to Nick
how did you go there Nick , did you get her buttoned up for shipping tomorrow
Nick Dole

Oct 8 (2 days ago)

to me
Almost! Trying to stay off the phone!
Got the gear shaft seal
sean o

Oct 8 (2 days ago)

to Nick

Let us know when you have the cost worked out so I can send you some money
seanclarkplastering

Oct 9 (1 day ago)

to Nick
How did you go mate is it ready.....I need this motor back pretty soon im running out of time b4 I have to move house

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 on the Telstra 4G network
Nick Dole

Oct 9 (1 day ago)

to me
Gone out on Toll today

so he's 500 over budget and i dont have a breakdown of what he did just an invoice for some parts
oh and i also have to pull my side case off so i can fix the kickstart return spring as the kick start wont spring back up

and this guy does this for a living
i can post a pick  of the invoice and the total cost , when i called today to ask where's my stage 2 camyou pulled out , where's my stock carb i also sent and where's my drop sheet i packed around the motor , i was told oh ill send that up to you .i then asked why its 500 over budget and i got told , look i have 40 jobs on the go here at the moment just pay the 3500 then ,that was the end of the call Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 am

Sean O sorry to hear about that, but reading all that gave me anxiety! I think I am going to order the Shop repair manual as I have wanted to for some time and do the engine work myself and just send specific parts to be fixed if I cant fix them! I hope your engine runs super for the time and money you have into it! Sean I think you need some cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers !

John BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:11 pm

He seems to be overloaded with work , so that explains the delay , but there is no excuse for incorrectly asembled engine parts angry ,
So the total was 3500 Ozy dollars ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:11 pm

my budget was 3.5k . he tried to send me a bill for 4k Frustrated .Im the 1 in control now tho ,as i have the motor and i have the money razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Lot of money, could have brought a bike cheaper....well not far off it Smile.....
3,500.00 AUD = 1,891.35 GBP
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:47 pm

sean-0 wrote:my budget was 3.5k . he tried to send me a bill for 4k Frustrated .Im the 1 in control now tho ,as i have the motor and i have the money razz

Just make sure that the engine is 100% before you pay him all the money .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:59 pm

here's an update , he just called me from sydney ,im 1000 kms away
he was wondering why i had not made payment ,so i told him
\
he is not happy about me being pissed , so he is flying up nxt Saturday to fit my motor himself make sure every thing is ok

that gobsmaked me , if he's prepared to do that i will be 1 very happy customer and will recommend this guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Oh hell Sean, make sure he tightens the nuts!
Mind, be careful he doesn't tighten yours BRP smile

More serious, it IS a nice guesture - give him some XXXXXXX's when he's finished Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:08 am

the old
My Xrr  - Page 2 20140802_105301

the new
My Xrr  - Page 2 20141014_194507

the old
My Xrr  - Page 2 20140809_134544

the new
My Xrr  - Page 2 20141014_194436

Back to top Go down