Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch Judder Spring

Go down

Clutch Judder Spring Empty Clutch Judder Spring

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:03 am

Hi all, I have recently purchased an 2000 XR650R and its a little bit of a fix her upper. I almost bought a Husky but previously owning an XR600 I thought id better to stick to what I know is a good thing. Anyhow, It has a grabby clutch when engaging, which is on and off but most noticeable when I release the clutch to take off in second gear from a stand still. So I know the basket is probably notched. With the bike getting on 15 years now, and past owners who have done stuff all maintainence thought I would replace the clutch plates while iam there. So I have a brand new Wiseco clutch pack to go in. All I want to know is should I replace the Judder spring and seat with new ones? Do they wear out as such? Or if you were throwing new plates in do you just reuse the old judder? As the Wiseco pack does not include this spring.

Back to top Go down

Clutch Judder Spring Empty Re: Clutch Judder Spring

Post  Mauser Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:51 am

Put it this way would you want to strip it down and change the springs after the rebuild ?...I would renew them myself and move on....knowing all was well within the clutch....price and part number...
22402-MBN-670 SPRING, JUDDER $12.57
Since you own the early model also check / replace the clutch bush as required, there was a factory mod on this part due to poor oil flow, later models have an updated bush

"Question #1 is the most common. The '00 through '01 bikes, and possibly even the new ones, come with the first of two clutch bushing designs. This original bushing (22116-MBN-670) has a large occurrence of seizing up due to lack of lubrication. The updated bushing (22116-MBN-671) has a couple of extra holes, plus an added gallery on it's inner face. The differences can be seen, if you look carefully, in the picture at right. Notice the gallery machined in the middle."

Clutch Judder Spring Newnold
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:39 am

+1 ^^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Very Happy Yeah good point. I do have a new bushing, nut and gasket ready to go, as I did my homework there. Just forgot to order a new judder spring and seat beat head Cheers thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down