Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from North Idaho

Go down

Hello from North Idaho Empty Hello from North Idaho

Post  Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 am

Hello all,
Name is Shad. Got a 2004 xr 650. Looking to do some mods and get it ready to ride the T1 Tour of Idaho in 2016. Looking for any advice for setup of such a bike for such a ride. Already going to open it up a bit with new jets and exhaust, mod the intake. Changing sprockets to 13f/48r. Im about 240# and then with gear I'm guessing I'll be around 300# or better for the trip. Wondering what the best setting would be for the stock suspension? Looking forward to see what others suggest. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Idaho Empty Re: Hello from North Idaho

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:25 am

Hey shad welcome to the forum post some pics of your piggy! I am not a suspension expert but changing fork fluids is a must if yours has not been done yet! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:00 am

13~48 seems low for SM trim....that's close to what I ride down the lanes.... ?
Welcome to the forum BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Your going to want to re spring your suspension, stock setup is for about 170lb rider with the stock tank. As soon as you put a desert tank and you on their it will be way to soft. If you really want to do it right hand the shock and forks to a suspension shop and have them rebuilt, it will run around $600 with new springs but it will be a night and day difference when the suspension is set up for your specific weight. Switch to a 14t front sprocket, IMS 4.6 tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Hey everyone, names Aaron our of UT new to the forum owner of my 8th BRP sense my first in 2001... Currently ride an 05 with 11.1 piston and stage 2 cam- it hosts currently being converted to a 1X machine.

Jumping right into it, I put on an XRs' only pile yesterday replacingy cintsge cherry Pro Curcuit T4 and I gotta say or ask the question- holding them up to each other.... Being a pretty good worker of
Metal, I could cut and weld sacrificing them
Both basically to create a NEW Factory pile like the guys in baja ran, No?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:08 pm

XR8UTAH wrote:Jumping right into it, I put on an XRs' only pile yesterday replacingy cintsge cherry Pro Curcuit T4 and I gotta say or ask the question- holding them up to each other....  Being a pretty good worker of

Can I have that in English please ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 am

XR8UTAH wrote:
Jumping right into it, I put on an XRs' only pile yesterday replacingy cintsge cherry Pro Curcuit T4 and I gotta say or ask the question- holding them up to each other....  Being a pretty good worker of

You talking about taking two exhaust pipes and making a stock or Baja type exhaust pipe with them? not sure I understand Question scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 am

Mauser wrote:Can I have that in English please ?

Glad I'm not the only one Bump
Ingels is also good, or Funnygalo, or Pidjin English... Espanol? At least we could pull that through Google BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down