Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price?

Go down

How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price? Empty How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:53 am

So I'm looking at a 2012 xr 650 with 5600 miles. He has it listed for 3999 said best price is 3799 with tax and stuff 4200. I told him look I have 3500 cash which is no lie. He said boss said no. I said can you hold it for a week til I come up with little more cash? Nope can't do it. So my question is this ...do you think a pretty big size dealer could eat 400
To make a sale or at least hold it for a week? Thoughts please. Do you think I should just move on to another? Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price? Empty Re: How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 pm

There is no such thing as a 2012 XR650R so you must be refering to a 650L

Where I live dealers only make 8% on new bikes before discounting

Back to top Go down

How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price? Empty Re: How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price?

Post  Mauser Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Stopped making the 650R in 2005 ?.....you sure it's not a 650L
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Mauser wrote:Stopped making the 650R in 2005 ?.....you sure it's not a 650L

2007 Mauser - BuRP has one

Back to top Go down

How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price? Empty 2012 xr 650 l not the r.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry guys it is a XR650 L. I was just wondering how much room they had to sell at their price compared to my price. Wanted 3999 out the door be 4200 I have 3700. I wanted him to give it to me for 3700 out the door. Not tryin to lowball him. That's all I have.  He said Boss wouldn't even hold it for couple weeks til I had the rest. I was gonna put $$ down as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Mauser wrote:Stopped making the 650R in 2005 ?.....you sure it's not a 650L

2007 Mauser - BuRP has one
Just because he writes 2007 on the headstock with a marker pen don't make it a 2007 model..... listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Marine3313 wrote:Sorry guys it is a XR650 L. I was just wondering how much room they had to sell at their price compared to my price. Wanted 3999 out the door be 4200 I have 3700. I wanted him to give it to me for 3700 out the door. Not tryin to lowball him. That's all I have.  He said Boss wouldn't even hold it for couple weeks til I had the rest. I was gonna put $$ down as well.

Thought as much this is a 650L forum and we are a bit weird when it comes to the L models.....sorry Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:02 am

I know it's a Xrr Fourm I was just hoping to get some info. Thanks again all. I just didn't know that the r owners will not help out on a L question.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:48 pm

I don't think its a case we won't answer.. rather we don't know much about the L model BRP smile the bikes are like chalk and cheese Bananatool
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Oh I know that I was just referring to Mausers statement on r owners are lil weird when it comes to the L model. I'll prob just buy from a private party.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:33 am

What are you going to be using the bike for?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:59 am

Personally I like the XR650L - Just hate it when people think my XR650R is the same as an L Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:20 am

I'm going to be riding about 10-15 miles each way to work. Then on weekends go find me some wilderness!! Lol.  I just appreciate all the help and replys. I just picked her up last night. Got 300 off plus a set of goggles. So 2012 for 3600. Has a aftermarket tank.

Last edited by Marine3313 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 am

How much "wiggle room" do dealers have on price? Image17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:24 am

Marine3313 wrote:I'm going to be riding about 10-15 miles each way to work. Then on weekends go find me some wilderness!! Lol.  I just appreciate all the help and replys. I just picked her up last night. Got 300 off plus a set of goggles.

It should last you forever - Just learn how to check the oil level properly and make sure it is always topped up

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:27 am

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Marine3313 wrote:I'm going to be riding about 10-15 miles each way to work. Then on weekends go find me some wilderness!! Lol.  I just appreciate all the help and replys. I just picked her up last night. Got 300 off plus a set of goggles.

It should last you forever - Just learn how to check the oil level properly and make sure it is always topped up

How to check the oil should be in here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0QULntcP9o2QldLUjN3cGE1c28/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:40 am

Will do Chris. Thanks again. Gonna go to that link richt now. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Looks like someone has chopped front mudguard down ?.....as with most XR's check swinging arm bolt isn't seized otherwise you will be in trouble !!!
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Some useless info to the R owners

The L is a 1988 Dominator motor in a 1985 XR600R frame

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down