Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from London:)

Go down

Hello from London:) Empty Hello from London:)

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:24 am

Hi, wanted to say hello to all forum members, after riding an XL600R for some time, finally decided to jump to BRP BRP smile
And here it is, came all the way up from Scotland a couple of weeks ago Bananatool

Hello from London:) Imag1610
Hello from London:) Image310
Hello from London:) Image810

In "supermoto" trim at the moment, that might change one day naughty  

It was the first time I bought the bike without seeing it live, and I don't regret at all!

Back to top Go down

Hello from London:) Empty Re: Hello from London:)

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Welcome. It's a quiet forum here so good to have new people on. Your bike looks very similar to my project bike which is almost restored now. Is that an IMS tank? It's not standard.

Do you have any heat problems with the London traffic?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:54 pm

It's a bit too clean but otherwise it looks a great bike.
Hope you enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:28 pm

Hew wrote:It's a bit too clean but otherwise it looks a great bike.
Hope you enjoy it.
ignore Hew....he doesn't appreciate cleanliness as most of us do razz your bike will be much better once it's had a good clean...bet the nipples are rusty on the spokes ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:06 am

Rawhide wrote:Welcome.  It's a quiet forum here so good to have new people on.  Your bike looks very similar to my project bike which is almost restored now.  Is that an IMS tank? It's not standard.

As far as I'm aware yes, just a bit over 17L.
I'm pretty sure it's this one:
https://www.imsproducts.com/Products/index.cfm?ManufacturerSet=Honda&maD=true&ModelSet=XR650R&modD=true&yeD=true&siD=true&TypeSet=Fuel%20Tank&SeriesSet=&sed=true&tyd=true&YearsSet=2000-2007&SizeSet=4.6%20gal

Mauser, you're right, I'll have it done today BRP smile

BTW, I was looking for a tail light lens recently, wasn't it you whom I contacted through Gumtree? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:44 am

Hi yes it was I did reply, hope it came through OK ?, sometimes Gumtree's mail system plays up....they are same as XR600 listen up anything else you might need send me a PM, not got many spares I want to get rid of...I have a tank, stator cover, set of expensive off-road wheels Bump Bump but I collect wheels so don't mind keeping them till someone wants to pay loads of money to prise them from my sticky hands listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:12 am

Mauser wrote:Hi yes it was I did reply, hope it came through OK ?, sometimes Gumtree's mail system plays up....they are same as XR600 listen up anything else you might need send me a PM, not got many spares I want to get rid of...I have a tank, stator cover, set of expensive off-road wheels Bump Bump but I collect wheels so don't mind keeping them till someone wants to pay loads of money to prise them from my sticky hands listen up

Yes, I got it fine thanks. I found some on ebay @£10.72 so that's sorted. Have just sold XL600R with XR600R tail, and lens looked exact same, but thought it wouldn't be fair on new owner if I swapped it Cool

Reg parts, luckily I got most of the OEM bits with the bike Very Happy
Hello from London:) Image114

The only thing I didn't get of PO is steering lock key.

Does any of you guys know where I could get a spare cylinder?
Preferably with the rivet that holds it as I'm afraid I will have to do some drilliiiing BRP smile
Hello from London:) Imag1710

Actually, I didn't even realise that I've got one, up until yesterday. Went to Ace Cafe London with my mates and turned it all the way right to pretend it has one and it's securely locked lol, then my mate spotted that I actually have it naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:48 am

The rivet is a screw which they turn in and then it's designed not to come out, would have thought if you turned it anti-clockwise with some grips it might unscrew ?
As for the cylinder my eyes are not good enough to spot it on the frame drawing....
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/partslist/partslist.htm
Did I mentioned I spend days making this for you lot listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Thanks, I checked the drawings @ hondapartshouse.com & hondapartsaustralia.com.au, but the lock is not shown.

Do all XR's have steering lock then? I thought it's just australian models...unless if my is an import, even though DVLA data shows it's not Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:32 pm

No US version like mine don't have a lock....all UK/EU/Rest of the world I think have the lock....
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:07 pm

From London?
Really?
There's English left in London?

Rrrigghhttt..... now pull the other one!
razz

Wellcum bru, and about your cylinder following.
Take it out, then open it up, and with the cylinder itself goto a locksmith and buy a few blank keys.
Go home and figure out how to file V-shapes where, you'll make your own key(s) - really easy to do, just buy one of those small vices which clamp on a table so you can do it in your kitchen.

Nice bike, but for the slicks.... get some nipples mate, and excuse me Ingrish speling wize BRP smile Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:58 pm

BuRP wrote:From London?
Really?
There's English left in London?

Not many I'm afraid...I'm not english myself thats funny
I come from Poland and moved to UK few years back in order to nick someone's job lol!

Regarding the lock, I'm a bit concerned about that rivet-screw which holds the cylinder in place, don't want to f**k it up as I haven't got a replacement BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:30 pm

On reflection and doing a search online I am not 100% sure it comes out without having the key present ?.....I voted Brexit but will still help you razz
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:46 am

archie_1989 wrote:I come from Poland and moved to UK few years back in order to nick someone's job lol!

Great Archie, and I bet you got some qualification or trade that allows you to too Bump
Just drill it out, you can always have a rivet made-up later - or, a pin-with-head glued in with epoxy?
If I were you I'd take it out and have a key made, always nice to have this lock present!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:35 pm

until you pull out 'rapidly' into a small gap in the traffic and then find out the hard way that you  forgot to undo the steering lock.....  painful

Great Archie, and I bet you got some qualification or trade that allows you to too Bump
Just drill it out, you can always have a rivet made-up later - or, a pin-with-head glued in with epoxy?
If I were you I'd take it out and have a key made, always nice to have this lock present!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks, that's a great help from you banana
Wemoto.com lists it @ £29.33 incl. VAT BRP smile

I'll get one ordered straight away Very Happy

On another note, when buying the bike PO mentioned brakes not being too strong.
Couldn't really be sure myself if anything is wrong, as I've never ridden different BRP before.
Just wondering how this Hel "quality" braided hose affects braking:

Hello from London:) Imag1711

Will order some Venhill hoses now, they do throttle cables as well, I've seen someone was looking for longer than the stock ones in another topic.
http://www.venhill.co.uk/

Last edited by archie_1989 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:03 am

Rawhide wrote:Welcome.  It's a quiet forum here so good to have new people on.  Your bike looks very similar to my project bike which is almost restored now.  Is that an IMS tank? It's not standard.

Got it wrong, it's not an IMS tank, it's Clarke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down