Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am

Recky

I give up, your last post shows you've understood very little of what we've been telling you!
Take it to a workshop yes, good idea!
If I were you though I'd order a new loom for your bike and have it installed - not too costly and peace of mind for a long time to come Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:09 pm

BuRP, yeh i agree with you regarding my last post, my thinking was that when the switch was in place as before, surely the electric would still have been travelling to the coil and CDI unit, I couldn't fathom out why when joining the wires it would Fry the coil and or CDI unit!
I did warn you all in my original posteoporosis that I'm useless with electrics. I know you won't believe me but I can wire my house, I've wired my kayak with night lights, a fish finder, waterproof electrical sockets to charge mobile phones, go pros etc!!!!
It's just when I look at the wiring loom on my bike wrapped in tape, I get confused with where and what it's for.
Thanks for your efforts in trying to help me, it has been appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

The looms are terribly wired....open 1 up and you will find wires spliced into looms and then clamped with a metal clasp....as stock !!!.
Mines the US loom dead simple but still has this dodgy looking wiring under the tape....lol.
See what I mean about simple.... listen up
Please help! - Page 2 Wiring
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Mauser, thank you for your support regarding the wiring loom on the Xr650r, I know if I had wired it up myself or worked on the loom occasionally I would be able to understand BuRP I little more.
I am currently pricing up a new loom, I still feel though that if in fact I have damaged the CDI unit then I just as well order a new unit before taking the bike to the garage.
Thanks again for all your help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 am

Either get another 650R CDI from eBay or get the XR400 version which will plug straight in and give a slightly higher max RPM....wouldn't pay stealer prices ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum