Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no radiator fluid?

Go down

no radiator fluid? Empty no radiator fluid?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Went riding last weekend. 140kms of tight tracks and technical bits. Heard a bubbling noise coming from the radiator as three guys and myself were pushig the bike up an impossiple portion of track. It was dark and we were nearly home so I didn't stop to look. When I got home the the reserve tank for the radiator was empty. The radiator was still full. Before leaving that morning the thing was full. An inspection of the radiator revealed no probs. Does the fluid spew when it gets hot or what? Help.

Back to top Go down

no radiator fluid? Empty Re: no radiator fluid?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:00 am

Yes they will spew like a stuck pig pig when pushed hard.They need lots of air flowing when the trail gets tight. Getting a higher temp radiator cap will help a little but it wont cure the issue. See if you can get a 1.8 bar cap. Stock is 1.1.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:55 am

doug@dsa wrote:Yes they will spew like a stuck pig pig when pushed hard.They need lots of air flowing when the trail gets tight. Getting a higher temp radiator cap will help a little but it wont cure the issue. See if you can get a 1.8 bar cap. Stock is 1.1.
+1....

Also make sure that your jetting is spot on, If you are lean on the bottom end it will cause this. (Probably the most common cause of boiling over). If you are going to do a lot of slow technical riding consider adding a cooling fan: CLICK HERE.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down