Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone....

Go down

Hello Everyone.... Empty Hello Everyone....

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

I just recently picked up a slightly used 2003 XR650R with about 1700 miles on it. Dakar kit from Electrosport already installed, Moose stator etc.

I put on a Borrega rack and new graphics. It pretty solid and everything is working. I'm planning on getting in inspected and licensed next week here in Texas.

Question for you:

How do I tell if or how much this bike has been uncorked? The previous owner didn't do any mechanical changes. The first owner did supposedly.

it's got a little extender on what appears to be a stock muffler. What do I check for?

Mod:

I just pulled this off the website from the guy that owned it previously:

"I am the 2nd owner, and the bike is in great condition – only the usual scratches in the plastic that these XRs pick up quickly on a trail ride. The following performance modifications have been made: airflow & exhaust uncorked, carb re-jetted, HRC muffler tip installed and a Moose Racing high-output stator to run the lights. (All this performed by previous owner – most original parts will be included with the sale - see photo in slide show.) This bike has kickin power as is, but there's an additional baffle in the muffler that can be removed to gain a few more horses - at the expense of making it louder. (...so, where's the downside you say? Maybe your neighbors aren't as close as mine!) "

so, according to you guys, is this bike already un-corked??

thanks for your help.
kerry

Last edited by kjazz on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone.... Empty Re: Hello Everyone....

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Welcome to the forum! There is a link in Mod/maintanence about uncorking, but you can look into the ass end of the muffler and tell....also cut-outs in the left side rear number plate indicate work done.

Also....if it rips it is most likely uncorked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 pm

thanks OTG,

I just added a mod to my previous post that might help clear up the work done previously.

I've had others tell me "if it rips your arms out then it's uncorked". However, I ride a Triumph 1050 speed triple daily, so .... it takes a lot to impress me that way!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 am

Howdy dude.

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone.... Empty I thot I'd include a couple pics of my BRP.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 am

Hello Everyone.... 3285077259_377e03cf22_b

Hello Everyone.... 3285898572_db53d392ea_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:43 am

Niceeee Pig! Has it ever seen dirt? BRP smile

Tell me more about the rack....any subframe support? How much and where?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 am

Nice pig man and welcome to the site dedicated to the legend. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 pm

thank you gentlemen,

It hasn't been on the dirt or the street (much) since I got it. I got it insured just yesterday and I'll get it inspected and tagged for TX next week. Plus new 606s make it look kinda pristine. Actually it's got some rash that the previous owners bestowed upon it that doesn't show up in the photo. And the new graphics are also pretty fresh, as in brand spankin new.

the rack is one of those Borrego Racks that I got at www.newenough.com for $120 or so.

it does have a massive under-fender brace. Some have posted elsewhere (advrider maybe) that they thot the under brace would be an issue with clearance with the tire. I dont really plan on jumping this thing off the roof, so it wont be a problem for me.

Over the weekend I'm putting on some .47 kg springs up front and an 11.0 kg shock spring.

I priced a Scotts damper with the forward facing set up, new top triple clamp etc. Wowwwzzzaaa!! $620. ouch. not gonna do at this junction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:23 am

Welcome to the forum, from another North Texas rider. I'm a bit North of you in Wichita Falls.

Do you have a truck or trailer for the bike? The reason I ask is we should go riding at Red River sometime. I guess you could ride your bike up there, but I'd be worried about taking a header and not being able to ride home.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:24 pm

yeah man!

I've ridden up there red river. I've got an XR400 that I take up there. I stick it on the bumper carrier (moto-tote). I could also get you involved with a bunch of riders that go up to Arkansas from the DFW area. We've only done a couple of trips up, but for a 3 or 4 day weekend it's a blast. We base out of Clarksville and ride the national forests, roads, trails, goat paths, etc. Loads of fun. I've been taking an XT550 up, but now I go the PIG!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:05 am

kjazz wrote:yeah man!

I've ridden up there red river. I've got an XR400 that I take up there. I stick it on the bumper carrier (moto-tote). I could also get you involved with a bunch of riders that go up to Arkansas from the DFW area. We've only done a couple of trips up, but for a 3 or 4 day weekend it's a blast. We base out of Clarksville and ride the national forests, roads, trails, goat paths, etc. Loads of fun. I've been taking an XT550 up, but now I go the PIG!!!!!!!

Cool deal! I didn't know that you knew about Red River, great place for riding.

I've been up to Arkansas a few times too. We base ourselves out of Mena when we go. I've got a ride report on this site somewhere.

Let me know when you're up for some rides at RRMT. I'll be up there this Sat. (Feb 28th)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:51 am

The rims are still shinny! Santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Welcome mang and nice bike. nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum