Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tires

Go down

Tires Empty Tires

Post  Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 am

I´m going to change the crappy ICR tires with Maxxis. I have tried Maxxis IT and thinking of Maxxis 6001. Have any of yo guys tried this tire. I want a tire that is better then It in muddy conditions and as good as It on gravle.

Back to top Go down

Tires Empty Re: Tires

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm running the D606 right now and so far have been pretty impressed with them, haven't ran them in mud though. How did you like the Desert IT? I'm thinking about trying that tire next, we run mainly sand and rock.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Hodakaguy wrote:I'm running the D606 right now and so far have been pretty impressed with them, haven't ran them in mud though. How did you like the Desert IT? I'm thinking about trying that tire next, we run mainly sand and rock.

Hodakaguy

My favorit so long is Michelin M12 in front and S12 on the rear. If you dont run in any mud it´s an ok tire. And the wear is super I drove 2000km on my Drz and the rear was just half vorn. The Michelin lasted for 1000km then they were toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 am

Have you guys looked at Motz tires from Australia? www.motoz.com.au
They got good reviews in Dirt Rider. I have a set for my KTM, but have not had the chance to try them out. I hear they ran some at the Baja1000 this year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:14 am

I Like the Maxxis IT tires ok.. but never really happy with them on dirt roads.. always seems very skidish to me. they do last a while if your not spinning the tires much..

didn't like the 6006 at all on any type of dirt or road.

I like the Dunlop 606 for long/multi day rides
for week long trips I use the Dunlop908 rally on the back. very tight on fitment and it will rub the fender but it wears very well and predictable in all conditions.. not excellent grip but very predictable.
for loam or mostly dirt rides... I really like the IRC mb5 140/90-18. that big tire digs holes like a dozer..

on the front....
I like the Dunlop 745 90/1021 front very well for hard packed desert type roads
on loam.. l like the 742 90/100-21 a tad better
both do not wear very well on long pavement sections

Back to top Go down

Tires Empty DESERT IT

Post  Guest Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:59 am

I run 120/100/18 on my pig. For me, they have been the best thing since twist off bottle caps. And speaking of tires, Cylcle Gear had a 25% off sale on tires today only and I bought 2 more. $48.00 a piece is a great score.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:21 am

Doug i'm trying a set of motoZ in a few days.i'll let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:40 am

I run the Motoz Enduro on the rear and the X-circuit on the front of my race bike. They did everything I asked them to do yesterday at an AMA Hare Scramble. I still hit the ground pretty hard half a dozen times. Nothing like the back end going completly sideways with just engine braking. It was not a good test of any tire though. Mud on top of ice. Lots of it too. I actually needed studded tires for this race. When it warms up a bit I will get a good idea of how they will do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:37 am

Champion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:29 am

Rear tire: 110/100x18 Dunlop D739 A/T Desert Terrain

Front tire: 80/100x21 Dunlop D739 FA-J Intermediate Terrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 am

kenaroo (old post I know)

Saying the 908 rubs on the fender... would the Turbocity rack make it rub more?

http://www.turbocity.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_73&products_id=627

Im trying to find my tire for this 2 month road trip (I know I will be changing it out a few times) but want a solid rack system as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 am

If kenaroo does not reappear, I believe he's still over on Thumper Talk. Of course, check the XR600/XR650 forum. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

IRC VE-33 and VE-35, first dirt bike since I was a kid so I have no clue on tires. They seem to grip well, and although not an official DOT tire work well on the road.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 pm

+1 on the S12.

I've been running the S12 on my bike for a while now, and love it. It doesn't last real long, but then again, not many tires do on the piggy. But, it hooks up better than any other tire I've tried. I also like the M12 as well.

About the Maxxis. I've heard MANY say they love them, but I HATED mine. The only good thing (which was kind of a bad thing) was that it lasted for quite a while, and then started chunking. However, mine never seemed to want to hook up, no matter what terrain I was on. It seemed I was always spinning that stupid tire. It was especially bad in the soft stuff; it seemed to work better on harder terrain, ie. rocks, hardpan, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 am

My setup for best prize, performance and milage are Michelin M12xc 90/90-21 and Maxxis It 110/100-18 not the desert ones. With this setup I can go fore 2000km very hard and if dont trottle full for 3000km

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:39 am

I have found for hard terrain that the Michelin 404 is a consistent wearing tire with good longevity!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down