Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there !

Go down

Hi there ! Empty Hi there !

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi, I'm Andrea from Italy.
I own a '03 XR 650R, and I'm the Webmaster of the Italian Honda XR Fans site www.xr-italia.com
my english is not perfect, but I'll try to do my best

here you can see some variations on my BRP:

Hi there ! IMG_2388-1

Hi there ! IMG_2260

Hi there ! IMG_0995

Hi there ! IMG_0680

Hi there ! IMG_2304

Hi there ! IMG_1864-1

Hi there ! IMG_1866

Hi there ! Img03622cc

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty Same bike?

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Are all these pictures the same bike? If so do you switch the front brake calipersr when going from super moto to dirt? Or what do you have that lets you run the different rotors? Great looking bike.

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty Re: Hi there !

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi, yes always the same bike a 2003 XR 650R.

for the dirt (only when I go to Africa, one time a year or less) I use the original fork with original brake system, when I switch to supermoto version I use a complete Upside down fork with Brembo caliper, carbon tube, and Brembo radial master cylinder a OEM shorter shock, and a lot lot lot of other parts..

Now for our european woods I own also a '08 Beta RR 450

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty I swear I'm not really a sticker guy

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:20 pm

But I really like the shroud graphics on the bottom or last photograph. Any idea what they are, or who sells them?

Thanks,
Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 pm

he he
that graphics comes from my hands, or my adobe illustrator if you want Very Happy
are a customized copy (with some modifications) of the mc grath graphics of one industries (about 2004 I think)

Hi there ! Honda_mcgrath_b

Last edited by Andrea XR-Italia.com on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Hello from France. Nice to see another person on the forum from Europe!! Awesome looking bike. Kinda reminds of a transformer toy I had when I was a kid. Had a look at your forum, don't understand a thing but saw some neat pics nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 pm

Andrea,

GREAT looking pig! I love the various "versions" of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 am

Welcome!

You ride that bike in the sand and the street????? Cool!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:30 am

Welcome

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10 am

BRP smile BRP smile BRP smile ciao andrea benvenuto. BRP smile BRP smile BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty The more I look the more I see ...

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Hey,

It looks like some of that plastic isn't stock either! What are you up to there? I think American Honda needs your help.

Andrea XR-Italia.com wrote:he he
that graphics comes from my hands, or my adobe illustrator if you want Very Happy
are a customized copy (with some modifications) of the mc grath graphics of one industries (about 2004 I think)

Hi there ! Honda_mcgrath_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 pm

on SM version I use a custom alluminium tank with CRF 450 shrouds, here in Italy we have a company that build that tank for the XR 650R, the capacity is about 7 liters, a new vesion is coming with a capacity of 8 litres and CRF '08 shrouds

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty ahhh

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

I assumed the aluminum was a part of the sticker. The rear fender looks CRish, and the front looks KTMish. I did notice the shrouds but assumed it was a trick of the graphics.

Well done.

Andrea XR-Italia.com wrote:on SM version I use a custom alluminium tank with CRF 450 shrouds,
here in Italy we have a company that build that tank for the XR 650R, the capacity is about 7 liters, a new vesion is coming with a capacity of 8 litres and CRF '08 shrouds

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:59 pm

the rear fender is a carbon fiber fender with CRF style, custom built for XR 650R

the front fender is only a Acerbis Technik fender, non KTMish but Aprilia style.. naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Love the bike bow rider

How much for a rear fender? I have a 97-99 CR rear that I was going to use but it points up to much and the red is not the same. I may ask my father to give me a hand and make a fiberglass one, he's a retired autobody man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

sorry, but the company of the rear fender is no longer in business, you can find something similar in france in carbon fiber or only fiberglass
at this link http://www.design-stars.com/catalogue tuning.php#HONDA

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty Wow. There's some bitchin stuff going on over there!

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:25 pm

I looked over the site. Can't read French but I'll work on it. Do they have a CF skid plate?

Andrea XR-Italia.com wrote:sorry, but the company of the rear fender is no longer in business, you can find something similar in france
in carbon fiber or only fiberglass
at this link http://www.design-stars.com/catalogue-tuning.php#HONDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 pm

no, only a cutted black painted stock one BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty Sorry to hammer away with the questions ...

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:55 pm

What about those polished frame guards?

And is that a different front brake bar setup in the last photograph?

Thanks,

Andrea XR-Italia.com wrote:no, only a cutted black painted stock one BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:02 pm

the polished frame guards are from CRD a france company, but that items are no longer available

in the last photograph the brake setup is a brembo radial master cylinder (16x18) and a brembo 4P caliper (from a '99 Ducati Monster 600)
the fork is a 46mm Paioli Kayaba from a VOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Oh if you are talking about the desert version, the bar setup consist in a Fasst Flexx ATV High bar, a Scotts steering damper, a Applied triple clamp combo, with a stock brake master cylinder

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty radiator protection

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:07 am

Hi Andrea, Simon from France here. I've looked everywhere on the net for a radiator protector. working on it Do you know of any sites here in Europe that sell them? I've only found them for sale in the States and postage is expensive. affraid If you could help me out it would be appreciated. nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Andrea....good to see you here too..Have always been a fan of the XR-italia...thanks for adding my photos in your website...

I still checked in once in awhile...guess i am the only Singaporean with a photo successfully loaded up in the XR-italia...it was a guessing game to go through that forum...language barrier...but still,you Italians are one devoted XR-maniacs...rawk on!!

Cheers,
AJ aka Khamis in your webpage... cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 pm

sorry, but at the moment I can't help you

big boar, little man wrote:Hi Andrea, Simon from France here. I've looked everywhere on the net for a radiator protector. working on it Do you know of any sites here in Europe that sell them? I've only found them for sale in the States and postage is expensive. affraid If you could help me out it would be appreciated. nice

Back to top Go down

Hi there ! Empty I know some

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:55 am

Precision Concepts sells the 1X radiator guards. I use them and like them. They're a good price too. I can help you get them shipped if you want to.

Andrea XR-Italia.com wrote:sorry, but at the moment I can't help you

big boar, little man wrote:Hi Andrea, Simon from France here. I've looked everywhere on the net for a radiator protector. working on it Do you know of any sites here in Europe that sell them? I've only found them for sale in the States and postage is expensive. affraid If you could help me out it would be appreciated. nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum