Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet?

Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Has anyone fitted a windscreen or fairing to the XR? I'd like some shelter for the longer trips...........

Thanks

Al

www.xt500.co.za

Back to top Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Re: Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet?

Post  Focker Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Al wrote:Has anyone fitted a windscreen or fairing to the XR?
Oh yeah - Rally-Type-Fairing
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Try ...

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:07 am

I think there's a guy who makes them and sells them on Advrider.

Al wrote:Has anyone fitted a windscreen or fairing to the XR? I'd like some shelter for the longer trips...........

Thanks

Al

www.xt500.co.za

Back to top Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet?

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 am

I have seen something that may work on the XR650R on a KLR forum, a XS TWIN FAIRING, see http://www.britanniacomposites.com/xst.html

The company is closed from 5th to 23rd June, a Canadian company

Any comments or other options?

Al

www.xt500.co.za
Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? XST%20kit-lg

Back to top Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Re: Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet?

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 am

I'm going to go with one of these when I get the money. Great looking and retractable for trail riding:

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:59 am

That looks like a better option, I will go with that myself

Thanks

Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:10 am

I like but has anyone adapted one to the XR?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:27 pm

KTM265 wrote:I like but has anyone adapted one to the XR?

Don't remember the exact thread, but it was done by several folks on ADVRider. The headlight assemblies are all the same, it's the ABS "dashboard" thats slightly different for each model bike. From what I remember, it fit with no changes anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:39 am

Do you know which one they went with? I have an extra one for a KTM640 Adventure that I'm going to modify some and play with to fit on my pre-run machine. My race XR is going to get the new stuff... naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:52 am

KTM265 wrote:Do you know which one they went with? I have an extra one for a KTM640 Adventure that I'm going to modify some and play with to fit on my pre-run machine. My race XR is going to get the new stuff... naughty

Not sure what bike they were intended for, but they were the Lynx Fairings. I did another search on ADVrider and still didn't come up with anything. Maybe it was ThumperTalk. shrug

Make sure you post up some pics showing how it works out for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:17 am

I found a KTM 640 fairing and I'm going to try and play around with it and some fiberglass to see what I can come up with.

Back to top Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Another fairing

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am

I realize this is an older thread, but just came across fairing that is pretty sweet. Pretty spendy, but sweet!

http://www.off-the-road.de/Other-bikes/Fairing-Light/Rally-fairing-kit-XR-650-R-to-use-with-Acerbis-Tank-unpainted.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm

That's either the Safari Queen or a ripoff off it - and "pricey" ain't the word, it's ludicrously priced.

Besides, fugly too - on an XRR ???????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 am

I guess its a matter of personal preference; I thought it looked pretty cool! It looks a lot like the 640 Adventure fairing, and would look better with a lower fender.

Back to top Go down

Windscreen or fairing? Anyone done that yet? Empty Available to Britain...

Post  Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:56 am

Just came across this Africa Twin fairing that looks like it could be easily modified to fit on the BRP. And for the price, looks like it would be a bit easier to swallow than the other one I posted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-XRV750-Africa-Twin-RD07-1993-03-Front-Fairing-/400282911669?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d32b883b5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down