Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy

Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:40 am

Well, it took a looong time, but I finally found a low miles, very clean, fairly priced replacement for my battle worn pig.

You may not even recognize it as an XR, as it's mostly stock (the HORROR!).

She's got an FMF Q2 can (too quiet), but I think that's the only power mod. Man, I've got some work to do. Very Happy

Where to even start with the farkles.... My head is spinning. A real skid plate will probably be #1.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my joy with you! It's very cool to have fresh, clean slate to work with.

Stoked Dave

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy XR01

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty Congrats!

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:44 am

Looks clean! Ride 'er!

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty Re: New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:16 am

Bump:

You bet! And thanks for not mentioning that the chain is too tight, and for not saying a word about those shitty mirrors or lame rear tire. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty Don't mention it!

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:55 pm

I'd be the last guy to flag the F-Troop grips, the anal tickler seat strap, the boat trailer rear tail light, 70s cross bar pad... BRP smile

Santa Here's to watching you single-handedly prop up the dirt bike economy!

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty Re: New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy

Post  Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:13 am

That's one fresh looking ride!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:51 am

Bump wrote:I'd be the last guy to flag the F-Troop grips, the anal tickler seat strap, the boat trailer rear tail light, 70s cross bar pad... BRP smile

That's more like it! It's a good thing I removed the Tupperware tool container mounted to the fender before shooting that image.

Johnny:

Thanks! I'm guessing she has 3-4K easy miles on her, and very non-abusive POs.

Today, I actually avoided taking a dirt road because, well... it might have gotten the bike dirty. affraid That will pass, soon enough!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:21 am

Great Find. Cool
whenever I look at an XR I always think of the saying "a wolf in sheep's clothing" Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:31 am

Hew:

That is an appropriate saying, especially when you have the stock look, silly mirrors, a milk crate on the fender, a "beep-beep" horn, mismatched riding gear, etc. Smile

I rode the new pig on her first 15 mile journey today (had to do a beer run). I got to open her up, and think she has been jetted up a bit. Plenty of power....

The dude at the beer store scoffed at her, called her a "450" and challenged me to a street drag race vs. his YZ 426. I said, "bring it, dood." I don't know if this will ever happen (he will chicken out, I'm sure), but it would be fun. I think dood saw the sheep and failed to understand a wolf might be actually be lurking.

Ain't these bikes fun?!!!

Dave

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty Freshies come inside

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am

A couple of prerequisite freshie shots.

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Piginsidew

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy XRandDave

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty Lookin good !

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:21 am

Hey,

For a minute there I thought I was watching a lost episode of The Man Show. bow

That scene reminds me of college! I had this little place in Seal beach. Nothing as nice as your place looks. Mine was a real dump; roaches and all. They tore it down shortly after I finally moved. The living room had a garage door. And it was a tiny garage too. Made for like a model T or something. Barely enough room for my tiny couch, TV, craftsman box, and I think I had a Honda CX650T and a Suzuki RM 250 then. When I wanted to work on a bike I had to move the TV into the bedroom. That RM was such a POS I think I got mad one day and gave it away. And I've never regretted that! Last yellow bike I ever rode. That said, my wife's yellow has been one of the best machines I've ever been around. I had Scott Davis (Hootie) go all through just after he left the Kawasaki Supercross team. It rips. She weighs 107. The scoot weighs like 145. The whole rig is less that just my BRP! She regularly tools my buddies in a lot of situations. I bought her a TTR125L back when the exchange rate with Canada was 1:1.5 but it's like almost 100lbs heavier. Had Brown Brothers work the suspension too. She hates it. Slower, heavier, handles worse, I can't see what her prblem is! asking for it

When I got my wife her first bike, the RM80, I planted it firmly in the living room of the place we had in Leucadia. Nice place too like yours. She one-upped me by walking in, screaming, and throwing a leg over and kickin it to life!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 am

The last 2 weeks have been a long "Man Show" episode around here. My wife and daughter left me home alone for a few weeks.

What happens? I buy a new XR, stock up on beer and wine, pick up a few good books, eat Mexican food or steak every day, sleep in and park the bike in the living room. I've still got 9 days to go. Well, let's say 8 days. The last day will be a major HAZ MAT clean-up day (if I live that long)! Very Happy

"When I got my wife her first bike, the RM80, I planted it firmly in the living room of the place we had in Leucadia. Nice place too like yours. She one-upped me by walking in, screaming, and throwing a leg over and kickin it to life!"

LOL! Now that's damn funny!! nice

Man, Seal Beach is nice! I did not know they allowed roaches there.

Back to my nachos....

Back to top Go down

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy Empty you kill me

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:08 am

FDLOL!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 am

wonder if my misses will let me park my toys in the house ????

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy 25032009

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 am

ozboc wrote:wonder if my misses will let me park my toys in the house ????

New '01 Pig - Nothin' Like a Freshy 25032009

Those are beautiful bikes, but not a chance! BRP smile

Of course, I pray that I'm totally wrong.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum