Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insuring XRR

Go down

Insuring XRR Empty Insuring XRR

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:50 am

Anybody been able to insure their dual-sported, street tagged XRR? Anybody been NOT-able to? What state and insurance company ya got?

Back to top Go down

Insuring XRR Empty Safeco Insurance

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:55 am

Safeco of Oregon has insured all of my dual sport bikes.

~$10 per month for each one.

Back to top Go down

Insuring XRR Empty Re: Insuring XRR

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:59 am

That's encouraging. I was afraid when they run the VIN it will come up as off road. In New Mexico, off road are title off road and never can be on road bikes. That's why I went to Arizona to get my XRR, it is already tagged there.

What's the state law there?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:12 am

river wrote:What's the state law there?

There's a letter designation code on the title that flags it in Salem.

The older (grandfathered) plated bikes seem to not have this off road brand on them and thus continue to be plated/tagged....... Insuring XRR 16397

Back to top Go down

Insuring XRR Empty Insurance

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:49 pm

I use AAA in California for my Plated 1994 KDX200 and my plated 2002 XR650R. Perhaps it helps that I have everything else insured there too. But I don't think so. I have noticed it always helps in these iffy situations to look around the place and pick the broker who doesn't appear to be too detail oriented. Insuring XRR 63459

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Colorado here, and I think it runs me $140 a year full coverage $100 deductible and $3K in accessory coverage, plus the limits are through the roof, like $300K/$300K or something like that. Oh, it is through Progressive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Happy to report that when I called Farm Bureau, they just gave me full coverage 250 deductible right on the phone. Most companies want to take pics of full coverage vehicles, hm.

Thanks much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:01 am

river wrote:Anybody been able to insure their dual-sported, street tagged XRR? Anybody been NOT-able to? What state and insurance company ya got?

river:

I'm shelling out ~$68/yr for my plated XR in AZ. That's liability insurance, plus a slight boost in one of the categories (I forget which one). I could probably get it cheaper, but go with Progressive for convenience. Geico was ~$20 higher, for less coverage (bare bones liability).

My driving record is good, unlike a lot of you hooligans. Very Happy

Out of curiosity, what are you guys getting charged for full coverage?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:16 am

I'm with farm bureau, they do my home (duplex actually), car, truck, and now 3 motorcycles. My driving record is not respectable shall we say. Adding the R would have been 12 a month liability, think I'm paying 18 a month full coverage. I think I'll go back to liability, only have $1500 in the R, but first I need to see if my health insurance covers motorcycle wrecks. Most don't. Been meaning to check on that.

Back to top Go down

Insuring XRR Empty XRR Insurance

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 pm

I use Progressive for our bikes. Adding the plated XR650R to our existing two bike policy raised the yearly premium by a whole buck...That's right 1 Dollar !!!! It's now $76 a year for three bikes in So. Cal.

Back to top Go down

Insuring XRR Empty Street XRR

Post  Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

I have State Farm they had to look up the diff. between the L and R models. And said since it would see street use they could cover it as an L but the made me let them see it had turn signals, stop, tail, and mirrors they had to call corperate since the R wasn't in thair computer and corp said Insure is as L model! The vin is right on coverage paper work so I am running it!!! Man I LOVE small town WYO Insuring XRR Icon_twisted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:38 am

Cool. Yeah, there are advantages to living on our backward states :-).

Back to top Go down

Insuring XRR Empty Where in WYO?

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:09 am

reddesertwonderer wrote:I have State Farm they had to look up the diff. between the L and R models. And said since it would see street use they could cover it as an L but the made me let them see it had turn signals, stop, tail, and mirrors they had to call corperate since the R wasn't in thair computer and corp said Insure is as L model! The vin is right on coverage paper work so I am running it!!! Man I LOVE small town WYO Insuring XRR Icon_twisted

I have spent a little time in WYO, Bridger Valley, Rock Springs, Riverton, and Casper. I love Wyoming one of the funnest places I ever lived, the people are great (generally). Could ride a dirt bike any where and no one cares.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum