Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim

Go down

Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim Empty Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 am

We need a step by step instructional post, including pictures or video, of how lace a new rim.

Anyone?

Bueller?

study

Back to top Go down

Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim Empty Re: Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:27 am

I'm all ears.

I paid $125 to have my last rim laced up.

Back to top Go down

Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim Empty Lacing a rim

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:31 pm

There's a section in the CLYMER XR650R Manual (worth buying) on how to true the wheel and tighten the spokes - You can lace a new rim with the proceedures - A dial guage is nice to have to check runout but can done without - I'd recommend getting the dial guage and mount - You'll have to figure out where to mount the mag base on the bike - for the rear I used an long socket on the rear axl nut to mount the mag base. A truing stand isn't really necessary but would make the job a little easier.

If you don't feel like spending a few bucks @ harbor freight for the guage and mount you can lace and true the wheel in the forks or swingarm using some fondu sticks duct taped to the forks/swingarm for guides - I laced up a new rim on a BMW R75/5 mounted using this method - worked great - just take your time

AURORA wrote:We need a step by step instructional post, including pictures or video, of how lace a new rim.

Anyone?

Bueller?

study

Back to top Go down

Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim Empty Re: Need step by step instructional post of how lace a new rim

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Where are you at in the valley?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 am

South end

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 am

Thx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down