Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey from Bako

Go down

Hey from Bako Empty Hey from Bako

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:15 am

Hey whats up everyone? I have lurked here for a bit and decided to register! I have a 2000 BRP with a cali plate. Like to ride dezert and singletrack! So I guess I got the perfect bike for the job! I have a question on a current bike project but I will post that in the right place! See ya on the trail...

Back to top Go down

Hey from Bako Empty Re: Hey from Bako

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 am

Welcome aboard!

WOW! A Cali plated XRR? Very impressive!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 am

Dave P wrote:Welcome aboard!

WOW! A Cali plated XRR? Very impressive!

It was done before the cut off! I should be safe. It is a blast on and off-road Hey from Bako 685850

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:36 am

How does that cut off rule/reg work?

For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out why such an outstanding bike would be banned from the streets of Cali. All things considered, it's fuel friendly, quiet (stock), offers no damage to pavement, is kind to the air, etc. Go figure....

Back to top Go down

Hey from Bako Empty THJ

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Dave P wrote:How does that cut off rule/reg work?

For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out why such an outstanding bike would be banned from the streets of Cali. All things considered, it's fuel friendly, quiet (stock), offers no damage to pavement, is kind to the air, etc. Go figure....

The BRP never came with the all important emission sticker.

Here's a link that has all the info on it

http://www.4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15424

Now I do know of a guy who bought a CR500 from out of state and was able to get it plated just last year here in Kommiefornia.

Ok enough with the thread hi jack and welcome BAKO Hey from Bako 726351

Back to top Go down

Hey from Bako Empty loopholes

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 pm

There are several loopholes. I have a friend with a Cal plated BRP and he brought in from Oregon with over 7K miles. It can also be registered as a special construction. You can also inherit it from someone out of state.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Alright! I'm glad there are some ways around such a ridiculous "law."

I better study up, just in case....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 am

The cutoff was in Feburary 04'. Bikes that were deemed legal before that date are "safe" from having the plate revoked by the state, essentially grandfathered in. Bikes are still getting plated here and there, however the state is now auditing renewals and sending a nice letter to the owner requesting the plate back??? The state must not need the money...Hey from Bako 289879

Thanks for welcoming me to the site! I will be ready to ride pretty soon I hope. Bike is in lots of pieces this week Hey from Bako 295806 .

Back to top Go down

Hey from Bako Empty Blame Honda...

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:08 pm

for not spending the money to certify the bike.

Dave P wrote:Alright! I'm glad there are some ways around such a ridiculous "law."

I better study up, just in case....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum