Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light

Go down

US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light Empty US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light

Post  Mauser Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 am

My baby could really do with some brake lights now the winter is pulling in, am I best to add some banjo switches to front and rear brake to get them working or is there another option ?. I see you can get a replacement rear light unit with the twin bulbs in but I would still need a number plate light would a simple LED light be OK and where is the best place to nick the power from to run these ?, should I connect into the existing tail light supply which is live all the time the bike is running ?.
Not bothered too much about headlight as the police won't notice there is no main beam razz
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light Empty What sort of riding do you do?

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:09 pm

You have a lot of options from minimal to ridiculous. Depends on how you use the bike and your budget. I know another guy on here and I did a post on some of the cheaper ways to meet the letter of the law.

Mauser wrote:My baby could really do with some brake lights now the winter is pulling in, am I best to add some banjo switches to front and rear brake to get them working or is there another option ?. I see you can get a replacement rear light unit with the twin bulbs in but I would still need a number plate light would a simple LED light be OK and where is the best place to nick the power from to run these ?, should I connect into the existing tail light supply which is live all the time the bike is running ?.
Not bothered too much about headlight as the police won't notice there is no main beam razz

Back to top Go down

US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light Empty Re: US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light

Post  Mauser Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:18 pm

If I can find the DRC LED rear light over here in the UK I would be sorted....seems impossible.
Anyone know where I can get 1 from ?.
Part number is DRC D45-19-011
and it looks like the right hand picture.
US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light T08nWH8AAAEAACCmHB4AAAAB-43627
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light Empty Re: US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Mauser,

you'll find them - same units - on http://www.fourstrokesonly.com
Scratch around, the site's bit of a mess, but they're there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm

BuRP wrote:Mauser,

you'll find them - same units - on http://www.fourstrokesonly.com
Scratch around, the site's bit of a mess, but they're there.

Quote "WE DO NOT OFFER ONLINE ORDERING"
That doesn't help + they are in California so that's about as far away from me as possible lol.
Couldn't get to the XR650R page said un-available.....doomed BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:40 am

i baught this led light for the (on top) rear fender light for only the brake light and it works great.
and it was cheap naughty

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-LIGHT-DISK-RED-12-VOLT-1-INCH-DIA-CIRCUIT-BOARD-/390213247360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada85a180

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 am

rikco wrote:i baught this led light for the (on top) rear fender light for only the brake light and it works great.
and it was cheap naughty

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-LIGHT-DISK-RED-12-VOLT-1-INCH-DIA-CIRCUIT-BOARD-/390213247360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada85a180
Hi thanks for that I found this over in the UK
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110604785907&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Sadly it's too wide to fit inside the small rear fender light, real shame as this is brake and tail, don't mind buying the DRC version but still unable to track 1 down Sad, have emailed wheeling cycles supplies but as yet they have not emailed me back....doh.
At the moment got a small LED stop tail bulb fitted which works but would like something slightly better.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 pm

maybe make youre own led tail light?

if you dunno how there are enough how to's on google.

good luck cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Bump for any more ideas of the rear brake/tail light ?.
Still looking for the 1 pictured above, have sent 2 emails to wheelcycles and got 2 no responses....poor show Sad.
Is there no one state side who can track down an LED unit like pictured above ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 am

When I bought my bike someone had grafted a stop and tail light unit into the lens on the rear mudguard. This has been OK. It is a real pain to change the bulb which was blowing all the time because water was getting in. Sometime ago it sealed it with silicon and it has lasted a fair while.
Before that I was going to fit one of these units that I am using on a couple of other bikes. I have had enough of riding in the winter without a rear light.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Drc-Edge2-Tail-Light-LED-Number-Plate-Holder-Evotech-2-/110622207945?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c198efc9

Something like this may do and cheaper to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DRC-PHANTOM-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-RED-LENS-12v-MOTOCROSS-/400176228417?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d2c5ca841

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:10 am

Hew wrote:When I bought my bike someone had grafted a stop and tail light unit into the lens on the rear mudguard. This has been OK. It is a real pain to change the bulb which was blowing all the time because water was getting in. Sometime ago it sealed it with silicon and it has lasted a fair while.
Before that I was going to fit one of these units that I am using on a couple of other bikes. I have had enough of riding in the winter without a rear light.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Drc-Edge2-Tail-Light-LED-Number-Plate-Holder-Evotech-2-/110622207945?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c198efc9

Something like this may do and cheaper to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DRC-PHANTOM-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-RED-LENS-12v-MOTOCROSS-/400176228417?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d2c5ca841
Yeah seen all them but annoying point is that someone makes a proper LED replacement brake/tail light unit for the XR I want to keep the bike looking as close to off-road stock as possible....barely legal Smile.
All I need is a source for the 1 pictured above and it's a bolt in fix...job done in 10 mins.
Have even emailed the manufacturer but they like wheelcycles cannot be bothered to reply.
Kind of sucks that these companies cannot be bothered to help customers out Sad.
I have added 2 x brake pressure switches to activate the brake light front 1 shown below.
US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light Crimp1
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Mauser,

I bought an insert for the rear light&brakelight from XR's Only, and in there will go a duplo LED lamp (15 bright led's total) which I bought locally. I've tested it (not mounted yet) and it's quite bright, and this whilst it consumes very little current and should be utterly reliable.
This might be for you too? Scratch around if you can find an LED "globe", it's all it takes really.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 pm

BuRP wrote:Mauser,

I bought an insert for the rear light&brakelight from XR's Only, and in there will go a duplo LED lamp (15 bright led's total) which I bought locally. I've tested it (not mounted yet) and it's quite bright, and this whilst it consumes very little current and should be utterly reliable.
This might be for you too? Scratch around if you can find an LED "globe", it's all it takes really.

Hi that's very similar to what I have made myself, but even though it works reasonably well I am a bif fussy about stuff being perfect Smile, maybe it's just me but I do like everything to be spot on specially on my bikes.
As an example I even change cable ties to make sure they are all the same colour and width nice
Just seems a shame when something exists out there in this small world... I have the £££ and cannot buy 1 lol.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Thats the baby but WHERE CAN I BUY 1 FROM ? beat head
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:05 am

Wheeling cycles are hopeless, I have emailed them twice now and they keep ignoring my requests for shipping to the UK Sad.
Trying to work out how much the other company wants for shipping seems difficult, doesn't help being in California.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

US Import Adding Brake Lights & Plate Light Empty DRC light from Wheeling

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 am

I ordered the light you are looking for from Wheeling Cycle (in West Virginia) at 2am (don't ask) on the 16th of Dec and it got here (North Idaho) at 10am on the 18th!!!!!!!!! Super service...I cant believe it made it 2000 miles in that distance...bumps for US Priority Mail. Id try ordering by phone!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:26 am

cool1442 wrote:I ordered the light you are looking for from Wheeling Cycle (in West Virginia) at 2am (don't ask) on the 16th of Dec and it got here (North Idaho) at 10am on the 18th!!!!!!!!! Super service...I cant believe it made it 2000 miles in that distance...bumps for US Priority Mail. Id try ordering by phone!
Well please order me 1 and send it to the UK, I don't mind waiting till after Xmas, the guy @ wheeling Cycles obviosly doesn't want to talk/email or deal with the UK Sad....useless company in my opinion beat head
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 am

Wonderful but again he don't ship to the UK....US only and have you seen his prices ? $50 with shipping what a rip off and that's to you guys over the pond.
Would be cheaper to buy direct from Japan £22 but then we get stung with postage beat head
http://www.japan-webike.co.za/products/9398559.html
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 am

Isn't it fooking annoying that, when busy on-line ordering filling in all & sundry, to find out that "international Destinations" is NOT an option? And worse, this only happens with American sites, they seem to habitually and/or conveniently forget there's an entire WORLD out there!
The sites which do serve the 'rest' must make a killing - so GOOD for them!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Mauser,
This link for the rear led inner kit, does fit our original BR tail light? just remove the cover and install it inside with the original cover? I don't want to change too much my bike I want to keep it as close as original comes.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

BM

Mauser wrote:
Wonderful but again he don't ship to the UK....US only and have you seen his prices ? $50 with shipping what a rip off and that's to you guys over the pond.
Would be cheaper to buy direct from Japan £22 but then we get stung with postage beat head

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat May 21, 2011 5:53 pm

bikerman wrote:Mauser,
This link for the rear led inner kit, does fit our original BR tail light? just remove the cover and install it inside with the original cover? I don't want to change too much my bike I want to keep it as close as original comes.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

BM

Mauser wrote:

I know it fits but I cannot get 1 here in the UK Smile..... beat head
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down