Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USD fork swap on XRR

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

USD fork swap on XRR - Page 2 Empty USD

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:47 pm

I am going to look at a set of CRF450 USD forks and triple clamps tomorrow - Apparently they are off a late model. Can all the CRF forks be made to fit the BRP?

BuRP - Do you want a set if I can get?

I may be getting the rear master cylinder of a CRF - Must just check the mount hole spacing - Why? - Because it looks nice with the reservoir in the cylinder  banana

Anyone know if a CRF rear shock fits on a BRP?

Back to top Go down

USD fork swap on XRR - Page 2 Empty Re: USD fork swap on XRR

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:I am going to look at a set of CRF450 USD forks and triple clamps tomorrow - Apparently they are off a late model. Can all the CRF forks be made to fit the BRP?

I may be getting the rear master cylinder of a CRF - Must just check the mount hole spacing - Why? - Because it looks nice with the reservoir in the cylinder  banana

Ok, so the forks I can get are 2011 CRF250R with Racetech bits inside - Hopefully everything works out ok - Very nice condition too. I may need to put stiffer springs in, I think they are setup for a 75kg rider on a CRF250 where I am an 80kg rider on a BRP

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:I am going to look at a set of CRF450 USD forks and triple clamps tomorrow - Apparently they are off a late model. Can all the CRF forks be made to fit the BRP?

What is wrong with your original shock ? Bump 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 am

Mad Frosty wrote:

What is wrong with your  original shock ? Bump 

Nothing with the rear and the CRF one looks way longer so I doubt it will fit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:40 am

Yes, with special triples & bearing, search the net

No thanks, a Borynack mod in the std forks is very good indeed (for OFFroading, not SMing mind ;-)

Yes, it won't.
Actually I dunno but se-ri-ous-ly doubt it....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:09 pm

BuRP wrote:

No thanks, a Borynack mod in the std forks is very good indeed (for OFFroading, not SMing mind ;-)

Yes, it won't.

I know a guy who plans to fit a CRF swingarm to an XR but when I spoke to him now he was still at the planning to do stage, lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
BuRP wrote:

Yes, it won't.

I know a guy who plans to fit a CRF swingarm to an XR but when I spoke to him now he was still at the planning to do stage, lol

Might be the owner of those forks and triple clamps tomorrow - Not to sure if they really have Racetech stuff inside but the price is ok even if they don't. Then off on a 300km drive to round 4 of the scooter racing - Come on BuRP, you can tell the guys how I trashed my scooter at Zwartkops - Bet you wish you had that on video  beat head 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Chris_w_65 wrote:
BuRP wrote:

Yes, it won't.

Might be the owner of those forks and triple clamps tomorrow - Not to sure if they really have Racetech stuff inside but the price is ok even if they don't. Then off on a 300km drive to round 4 of the scooter racing - Come on BuRP, you can tell the guys how I trashed my scooter at Zwartkops - Bet you wish you had that on video  beat head 

BuRP said he will have his scooter on the track a year after he has his BRP running - Maybe by the next world cup  asking for it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2