Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noobie wanting a plated BRP

Go down

Noobie wanting a plated BRP Empty Noobie wanting a plated BRP

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Gentlemen. I am ashamed to say I worked at a Honda dealer for 6 years as a parts manager....have owned everything under the sun by honda in the 80's and 90's.....raced MX etc...but have never owned or been on a BRP. Closest thing to a BRP Ive been on was an XL600. My most favorite bike I owned was my first which was a 1980 XL125S. Always ran, never broke down, and hate myself for ever parting with it. So now 4 ACL reconstructions later (2 on each knee) Ive decided I want a dual sport bike again but lets face it...all the dual sport bikes today suck. So after much research over the last 2-3 years I always come back to the BRP as the best choice for me. Riding will be 70% dirt/30% street. Note though my street riding will be around town, 35-55 mph, short 2-10 miles trips around the beach town I live in.

My dilemma is this. I have not shopped for a bike in years. Last bike I built was a part bike and I built a custom V twin chopper. So Im finding it a little difficult finding these bikes. Maybe because another requirement of mine is I need one that is already titled/plated. In Florida if an off road bike had on the MSO "Off Road Use only" you can not no way no how ever title it and convert it to dual purpose. The loop hole was KTM never put this on thier bikes and why so many KTMs in FLorida are plated. I dont want a KTM..I want a BRP.

So Im asking can anyone point me inthe right direction and or gimmie some suggestions. Cycle trader is useless.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to top Go down

Noobie wanting a plated BRP Empty Re: Noobie wanting a plated BRP

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 am

Scott,

FWIW: there's a brandnew '07 model here (SA), never started yet. The price though will make you sick, 1250 or thereabouts - and then you'd have to ship it to you. CA-spec, as said absolutely new.
Just want to say that a KTM690 ain't a bad bike by no means ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Go to advenutre rider.com, they show up on their regularly. Another good source would be to google Bike finds. Good Luck Pigs are getting cheap.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down