Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Plated BRP in Central California

Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty New Plated BRP in Central California

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:51 am

Hello all!

Just got my bike last week. It reportedly has the big bore kit ( I don't know how to tell yet). It also has the Clark 4.3 tank and is street legal. Bike is de-smogged and uncorked with an FMF Q series pipe. Not sure which one yet.

I'm trying to get an older XL/XR rectangular speedo to replace the crappy digital one on it now.

I plan on exploring the Sierra's and desert, as well as heading up into the Cascades.

I'll start another thread to detail the build I have plannned.

Here's some pics from my first ride out to Tassajara Hot Springs in the Ventana Wilderness area:

New Plated BRP in Central California Hand_w11

New Plated BRP in Central California Snack_11

Last edited by RallyMoto on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add Pics)

Back to top Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty Digital speedo

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:33 am

What kind is your digital speedo? If it is a trail-tech panorama, you are right it is junk. But trail tech next model is alot better. It is the endurance. If you call trail tech they will sell you just the computer it-self for around $40 and it uses the same cable etc. Welcome and good luck.

Back to top Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty Re: New Plated BRP in Central California

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:00 am

mamacone wrote:What kind is your digital speedo? If it is a trail-tech panorama, you are right it is junk. But trail tech next model is alot better. It is the endurance. If you call trail tech they will sell you just the computer it-self for around $40 and it uses the same cable etc. Welcome and good luck.

Yep, that's exactly what it is, a Panorama. Blinks off and on, changes from kilometers to miles, etc. without me even touching anything. I've checked all the connections and it's gotta be in the unit itself, everything else looks good.

Is the Endurance bigger and backlit? That's my main problem with it, besides it constantly shitting the bed, of course. It's hard to read, especially early in the morning on my way to work in low light.

Thanks for the welcome BRP smile .

Back to top Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty Nice ride. Great photos.

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:18 am

Welcome!

Back to top Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty Computer

Post  Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Endurance is same size and the only back light is when you push the button. Go to trail-tech web site they have other models.

Back to top Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty Re: New Plated BRP in Central California

Post  Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Looks like a tidy bike. Like the white tank and that nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:45 am

big boar, little man wrote:Looks like a tidy bike. Like the white tank and that nice
Thanks!

I'm hoping to ride it across the Southwest US this fall and across Australia in a couple of years. Not sure how shipping the bike over would work out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Welcome mang rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am

Welcome! Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:36 am

Man, there are certainly a lot of pretty XRs on this site. nice

Back to top Go down

New Plated BRP in Central California Empty yup ...

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:40 am

I may have to wash mine before I take any pics for this site!

Dave P wrote:Man, there are certainly a lot of pretty XRs on this site. nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:32 pm

great bike!!!
greetings from Poland!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down