Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR?

Go down

Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR? Empty Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR?

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 2:54 am

i am asking because the chain ate trough my swing arm and is significantly damage. No swing arms on ebay at the moment but plenty for an XRL , just wondering if anybody attempted it . Or is there one an other one that fits?

I could place a new bearing and get it TIG'ed up but at that price ...

Back to top Go down

Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR? Empty Re: Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR?

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 pm

i had the same problem when i damaged my swingarm because of loose sprocket bolts @ high speed angry
but i found a new one 2nd hand in the UK real cheap.

you can weld it but thats not so cheap i think and is it as strong as original?

maybe you can contact this guy for shipping to canada?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/honda-xr650r-swingarm-/180663969530?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a106966fa

cheers

Back to top Go down

Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR? Empty Re: Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR?

Post  Guest Fri May 13, 2011 2:46 am

how did the bolt and high speed damage the swing arm? as i am missing a bolt on my front sprocket...

thanks for the link but no luck , i cant contact that person, and in those pre answered question says they dont ship internationally Sad . Guess ill wait and keep looking around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:17 am

bolts from the rear sprocket came loose and cut a big cut in the swingarm because i forgot to use loctite after i replaced it with a new chain and sprockets s--t head
the hub was broken and that rim was only 140km old Frustrated as you can see @ the rear brake disc that was also new.
can't find pictures from the swingarm but you know what i mean right.
better fix that bolt before you get some shit like me.

Does an xr650L swing arm fit on an XRR? Sdc11112d

i had the bike up and running again in 4 weeks Very Happy , (new swingarm from e-bay, new excel rim from the usa and new rear sprocket)

aproxx 500 dollar gone with the wind
Sad

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:03 am

i sure will put a bolt on that sprocket ! had an experience in the pass where the chain tightner broke off and meaby a week later , chain jump off , jam in the motor in the front sprocket and craacked the base . nothing on my bike is getting undone ... bought it a month ago , few thing missing , needs TLC . thanks i will check world wide now on ebay... by the way whats a good price on ebay ? 200$? 250?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 10:39 am

ive seen some swingarms for sale in the usa but not cheap (150+ dollar) + i need shipping to the netherlands (+-100 dollar extra) so that was a no go.
then i found one in the UK for 60 euro + shipping and it was even better looking then the swingarm that came off naughty

also get a good casesafer before youre chain brake and cut in the engine.

i keep my eyes open for a swingarm and let you know if i find one.

good luck with it nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:46 pm

i dont mind paying about 250 . brand new is too expensive lol 700$ , TIG welding would actually work. put the new bearing in and tig over it . aluminium shouldnt fuse to steel and its as strong as original if the work is done correctly.
thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 pm

lol the bid finished at 30$, onthe link u showed me . man iwish he could of shipped it here!!lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:53 pm

took about 3 weeks to find one on ebay . ended up paying 250 $

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 pm

damn beat head

was it a new one?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

came off an other bike , in very good condition , bearing still good too ... peace of mind anyways

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:30 am

ok

bike up and running again?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down