Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new bars

Go down

new bars Empty new bars

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 pm

I put new bars on the pig last night. It didnt cost a thing but I didnt gain much either. The bars I got I stole off my wifes bike. naughty I think they are MRC bars. They are an inch taller and an inch wider. I figured my throttle cables would be to short. But I just spun the throttle toward me a bit and it was fine, a little taute but it doesnt increase throttle when the bars are turned all the way to the left. I should have painted my old factory bars before I put them back on her bike,she would have never known. An inch doesnt seem like much but I can tell quite a bit of difference while standing up. Im only 5'9" so I dont think I needed the risers like someone really tall. Im saticfied, especially for zero bucks! Will take pics and post if I ever figure out how.

Last edited by T-roy 120 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

new bars Empty Re: new bars

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:30 am

You are a sneaky husband, but you had to do it! I have the rox bar risers and wow, what a difference. Im 6'3" though. So now I can stand up and ride. banana

Back to top Go down