Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Palm Springs CA

Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Greetings from Palm Springs CA

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:02 pm

From Palm Springs CA. New to this site. Wish to just talk bikes and such.
Really want to know what people think about the CRF450X vrs the XR650R in desert races.

Thank you,
Poli

Last edited by poli4050 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just)

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Re: Greetings from Palm Springs CA

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:37 pm

poli4050 wrote:From Palm Springs CA. New to this site. Wish to just talk bikes and such.
Really want to know what people think about the CRF450X vrs the XR650R in desert races.

Thank you,
Poli
greetings from across the pond..im new meself,but hope to discuss topics in detial in time to come..great knowledgeable folks on here...have a drink on me Smile

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Hey there from accross the pond.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:18 am

Thank you for checking in. Always here to talk XR's or Honda's. I just got done with another BAJA race and am happy to still be here.
What do you ride?

Poli

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty What do you want to know?

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:51 pm

If you are already doing the 1000 you probably are aware of all the major issues.
XR650r is heavier and cheaper to setup. You can basically race the big XR in stock form and do very well except for a larger gas tank and perhaps thicker tubes or Mouuse and such.
CRF450R/X is lighter, gets support from Honda Pits, estart, much more expensive maintenance (like an order of magnitude). At a minimum you have to replace the Ti valves with the stainless replacement kit.

So it really depends on you. I have a friend who has raced the 1000 (ironman and on teams) plus most of the other Dez races in So Cal, Baja, and Nevada. I can put you in touch with him. He's a great guy.

I'm not on here often lately so email me if possible. I'm about an hour away from you in Canyon Lake.

poli4050 wrote:From Palm Springs CA. New to this site. Wish to just talk bikes and such.

Thank you,
Poli

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Very nice. Good Reply

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Bump wrote:If you are already doing the 1000 you probably are aware of all the major issues.
XR650r is heavier and cheaper to setup. You can basically race the big XR in stock form and do very well except for a larger gas tank and perhaps thicker tubes or Mouuse and such.
CRF450R/X is lighter, gets support from Honda Pits, estart, much more expensive maintenance (like an order of magnitude). At a minimum you have to replace the Ti valves with the stainless replacement kit.

So it really depends on you. I have a friend who has raced the 1000 (ironman and on teams) plus most of the other Dez races in So Cal, Baja, and Nevada. I can put you in touch with him. He's a great guy.

I'm not on here often lately so email me if possible. I'm about an hour away from you in Canyon Lake.

Thank you,
Poli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxcaHY0AKb8

Above is the link of my last BAJA Race. Was not a score race it was a Code Race. Still lots of fun. Will be doing Score and Code this coming year. We actually race a 08 Crf450X which was built by Berkley Honda. It's a great bike. I am thinking of Iron Maning a few Score races with my XR though as it's dependable and I can go a long ways. I tried to find your email address but it was not in your profile.. Feel free to email me.. Poli4050@gmail.com

Thank you,
Poli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:41 am

Cool video. Looks like so much fun! I like going fast but trails are fun also. Post pic of your xrr!
What ended up being wrong with the steering stabalizer in that race?

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Steering stabilizer

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 am

Yes indeed, its lot's of fun. Dangerous but very fun. The steering stabilizer, one of the main bolt came out and it starded drifting around.. I the oil ceals broke and all of the oil leaked out. That happened in the first section which was about 49 miles.. My section was 68 miles and lots of high speeds so it was hard to hang on. I am having problems down loading photos. So I
cannot load my photos.. How are things?
Poli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 am

http://www.xr650rforum.com/t150-image-posting-tutorial
Hope this helps you.
I have always wanted to ride a 450. My xrr is my first bike and havent really got to ride anything else besides 125's. I cant believe i missed out on 20 years of riding a dirt bike. My dad always told me they are to dangerous. Right he is but damn is it fun to ride. I even did a hare scramble a while back and did pretty good 11 out of 17 on the biggest bike out there and had only been riding a year.

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Thanks for the Picture instructions

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 am

[b][i]Your Correct about that dangerous. But I wish to die doing what I love. Not in a car accident driving down the highway. I dont want to die but living to me is doing what you love as much as you can. Now I have to go and take some new photos of my XR650R because I just had a lot of mods done. XR650R is absolutly the king of them all. We race 450's but pre run 650's. Do you have a video of your scramble?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:39 am

I dont have a fancy go pro camera. Maybe after i get all the goodies for my bike. Right now I am in the middle of a titled frame swap and crf fork conversion. Also I have a supermoto setup coming for my Christmas present. My pics are a few titles down under nc dual sport rider. There is a pic of me stuck in some nc mud.

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Go Pro.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 am

When you have some extra money be sure to get a go pro. Expensive but worth every cent as you will remember your rides when you grow older. I use the camera for my pre-running mostly as I can pre-run on TV when ever I want. I am still trying to figure out how to post pics.. Working on it..

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Empty Hope it works

Post  Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 am

Greetings from Palm Springs CA Cimg8211

Last edited by Focker on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Increased image size.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down