Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tech question

Go down

tech question Empty tech question

Post  Guest Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 am

had my brp 2000 for a year, when i back it off then give it a gut full at low revs it stalls, had the carb looked at, seemed alright any ideas on what it could be????
ps done lots of klm, still seems fresh.

Back to top Go down

tech question Empty Re: tech question

Post  Mauser Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 am

Sounds about right for a stock carb....this is why some upgrade to the pumper carb listen up
If your like me and ride around @ 30mph in 5th all the time there is no problem lol
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks Mauser geared 15/43 cause I like the tarmac as well.Still hard to take half way up slippery hill with ruts .The other one I rode seemed little less aggressive but I couldn't get that to stall out even when I tried. Thought it might be the jetting?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Could be mine is geared 13~50 which is pretty low but I like it Smile. Some of the others might have a better idea of the problem....they just not awake yet banana
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2012 8:19 pm

15/43?

What is your top end speed? 200 mph?

Your gearing has a final ratio of 2.87 The stock final ratio is 3.36

Is your bike a motard with street tires?

With that gearing you cannot wack the throttle and expect the engine to respond, unless of course the diameter or the rear wheel assembly in a smaller diameter than the stock rear wheel to accommade your current gear ratio.

You have no accelerator pump on your carb. It is a roll on carb.

Back to top Go down

tech question Empty owners manual

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 10:59 am

I got a little hand sized owners manual with the bike page 80 standard sprocket size engine 15 rear wheel 41. thought I wasn't going to crazy adding a couple to the back .Even at speed got a real on of feel . wont do 200 wurst luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri May 04, 2012 3:41 pm

madkate wrote:I got a little hand sized owners manual with the bike page 80 standard sprocket size engine 15 rear wheel 41. thought I wasn't going to crazy adding a couple to the back .Even at speed got a real on of feel . wont do 200 wurst luck.

Your little book cannot be for the 650R...my little book states 14 front and 48 rear as standard sizes listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Stock gearing in the USA is 14/48. I can hit 104 on pavement with the throttle pinned. Though if I were to ride, 50/50 road/tight dirt, I might switch to a 14/46

14/48=3.428
14/46=3.285

3.428-3.285=.143

This would be a 14.3% change in rpm for the engine rpm at speed.

The book states 14/48 for ED, DK types and 15/41 for U type. U type is strictly road riding...no dirt.

If you buy new sprockets, get Ironman sprocket out of Minden, NV. They are as light as aluminum but last 5 time longer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 am

I will give the ironman sprockets ago next time.Got any suggestions for linkage & shock bearings thought all balls look ok. Found U code in my owners manual just has Australia next to it mustn't have thought there was dirt hear when they printed.lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down