Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMF Header hitting radiator?

Go down

FMF Header hitting radiator? Empty FMF Header hitting radiator?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 am

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while now, I recently picked up a 2003 XRR that I thoroughly enjoy. I purchased an FMF header and Titanium 4 exhaust for a great price. I just installed it and the radiator rides snuggly on the header pipe itself. This is the radiator on the right side (standing on the bike) and the pipe that crosses over the front of the bike. Otherwise, fitment wasn't great of the rear part of the exhaust either, but I'm mostly worried about the radiator.

Anyways, if anyone has any input please let me know, thanks!!

Max

Back to top Go down

FMF Header hitting radiator? Empty Re: FMF Header hitting radiator?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:49 am

Easy, I'd check if my rad is mounted stock, as per normal - which probably is the case.
Then I'd go back to the shop and complain, let them get another header from FMF which does not touch where it should not!
Come on now, "Service" is not a village in China......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm

BuRP wrote:Easy, I'd check if my rad is mounted stock, as per normal - which probably is the case.
Then I'd go back to the shop and complain, let them get another header from FMF which does not touch where it should not!
Come on now, "Service" is not a village in China......

Well, the radiator is a stock radiator mounted in the stock fashion. However, when I said I got a good deal on these parts, it was also due to the fact that they're used, so no shop to complain to.

Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Well, ask the PO how it fitted to his bike?
If same like yours you may have the reason for selling, but you'll have to make a plan in any case, rads don't like things rubbing against them. Shorten the bit that goes into the head?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:00 pm

BuRP wrote:Well, ask the PO how it fitted to his bike?
If same like yours you may have the reason for selling, but you'll have to make a plan in any case, rads don't like things rubbing against them. Shorten the bit that goes into the head?

Well I spoke with the PO and he was running an alternative radiator setup so that was of no help. However, I readjusted the headers as well as slightly bending the radiator to frame mounts. This gave me enough clearance so long as the radiator doesn't displace more than 3/4" - 1" during heavy riding. We'll see!

Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Are they the powerbomb hearders? Mine fitted up sweet, bit odd they hit the radiator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down