Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner

Go down

Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Empty Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:57 pm

So I bought this thing because I took my carb to a buddies house the first time I was taking it apart and we used his. My carb had gunk all over and was generally dirty from being used. This ultrasonic gizzmo cleaned my carb to the point where it looked fresh out of a hot tank, inside and out. I was very impressed.
http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_120110
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_120419

I've used a couple different cleaners. The ultrasonic powder harbor freight sells for their ultrasonic cleaners; which I promptly threw into the trash, what a bunch of garbage. Some stuff called "super clean" from autozone was pretty aggressive and depending on the aluminum would tarnish it. So off I went back to harbor freight and bought a gallon of this business they use in their regular parts washers for only $9.99. I run a 50/50 mix with water and it cleans fantastically. Straight out of the jug is pretty concentrated stuff. I really recommend diluting it some.
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_120436

Since I've used it on all kinds of things. Most useful to me has been on fasteners but greasy nuts, bolts, washers, brackets, spacers, sprockets, clutch and brake perches, cleaning up my tools, my carburetor components, suspension compnents and even a whole chain. Yes, the whole chain naughty

So I thought I'd share a couple before and afters. I actually struggled to find things that needed cleaning, but I did find a couple things. These parts were never prep'd or polished after coming out of the cleaner. They went straight in, ran a cycle then brought out and dried off. Thats it. No scrubbing, no brushing, no scraping, no wiping down with a rag at all.

WHEEL SPACERS
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_120746
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_120747

UPPER TRIPLE BEARING
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_121532
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_122537
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_122702

UPPER TRIPLE CLAMP
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_123617

LOL, I thought it would fit. Guess not BRP smile

Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_123721
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_124054
Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 20121230_124153

Cheers! Now go clean some stuff nice

cheers

MA$TER_E

Back to top Go down

Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Empty Re: Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 pm

They are good , i have one at work and use it to clean my parts Bananatool btw master i have seen pictures of you carb , it was spottless but i take it as you are one of those OCD sufferers razz

Back to top Go down

Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Empty Re: Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:They are good , i have one at work and use it to clean my parts Bananatool btw master i have seen pictures of you carb , it was spottless but i take it as you are one of those OCD sufferers razz
Hello. My name is Eric and I'm addicted to clean motorcycle parts. Bananatool

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 am

MA$TER_E wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:They are good , i have one at work and use it to clean my parts Bananatool btw master i have seen pictures of you carb , it was spottless but i take it as you are one of those OCD sufferers razz
Hello. My name is Eric and I'm addicted to clean motorcycle parts. Bananatool

Ahh my young apprentice....that carb is Eric's not mine lol.
Happy New year guys.... Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Happy new year lads cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

I FOUND IT! I wanted to reply to that with one of my favorite cartoons but couldn't find it. Well, I found it BRP smile

Harbor Freight Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Piles

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm

I have one at work also but you know what works better for carb jets - coke (as the drink ) - for real, try it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down