Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to buy an xr650r what to look for?

Go down

Want to buy an xr650r what to look for? Empty Want to buy an xr650r what to look for?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 am

Any suggestions on buying, things to look for and what to avoid. thanks

Back to top Go down

Want to buy an xr650r what to look for? Empty Re: Want to buy an xr650r what to look for?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Its well worth to spend little bit extra on a well mainteined bike with loads of extras , i went the other route buying the first XR i found to learn that it was not such a good idea , getting it sorted and kitted the way i like it its costing serious cash , waiting and buying the right bike with all the extras you want saves you time and money . its easy to see XR which was well cared for , ( look at mausers , burpsa's and other members bikes they look as XR should ) . If you see bits hanging of the bike and others mended using sticky tape , run , if someone cannot or dont want to spend money on cheap parts how well was he servicing the machine ? Abused bike its easy to spot and avoid .

Back to top Go down

Want to buy an xr650r what to look for? Empty Re: Want to buy an xr650r what to look for?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 am

Thanks very much, here in the future i will be looking for some nice xrr on the internet and hope to get lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 am

Mad Frosty wrote:If you see bits hanging of the bike and others mended using sticky tape , run , if someone cannot or dont want to spend money on cheap parts how well was he servicing the machine ?

Oh, I disagree entirely - but then again I also can fix anything myself, might be different for someone with two left hands. If you see "bits hanging off" goto haggling mode, and drive the price down to bottom.
If you buy a bike at a price you are happy with then it still is a good buy, especially so when you don't mind the extra work involved - or even better, if you like doing such! Remember that working on your own bike makes you very confident when riding it, important especially when remote rides are involved.

Completely unrelated Alec, well, sort-of, know that you guys pay absolute peanuts for these bikes. A few grand for good machines are ludicrously low prices here, you guys are spoilt rotten in this regard.
Yeah, I'm jealous, surely I may mention that BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm

BuRP wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:If you see bits hanging of the bike and others mended using sticky tape , run , if someone cannot or dont want to spend money on cheap parts how well was he servicing the machine ?

Oh, I disagree entirely - but then again I also can fix anything myself, might be different for someone with two left hands. If you see "bits hanging off" goto haggling mode, and drive the price down to bottom.
If you buy a bike at a price you are happy with then it still is a good buy, especially so when you don't mind the extra work involved - or even better, if you like doing such! Remember that working on your own bike makes you very confident when riding it, important especially when remote rides are involved.

Completely unrelated Alec, well, sort-of, know that you guys pay absolute peanuts for these bikes. A few grand for good machines are ludicrously low prices here, you guys are spoilt rotten in this regard.
Yeah, I'm jealous, surely I may mention that BRP smile

I am not telling you how much have i paid for mine then asking for it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Oh you, you...... you lucky bastid Want to buy an xr650r what to look for? 63459

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 pm

As long as the price reflects the bike then any will be fine...I like my bikes clean and mechanically perfect.
I would hold out till you find a decent condition bike which sounds right and ticks all your boxes...they are not that rare..... Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 pm

BuRP wrote:Oh you, you...... you lucky bastid Want to buy an xr650r what to look for? 63459

razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:14 am

hay thanks for the talk i am saving money and keeping my eyes open for the right one cant wait to get out and ride!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down