Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR650R Bike DataBase

Go down

XR650R Bike DataBase Empty XR650R Bike DataBase

Post  Mauser Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi guys,
Looking at creating a database for anyone who wants to add their bikes details to.
Idea is simple that you register your bikes reg number, frame number, engine number and mileage along with current date and that's it.
The database will only show the first part of the numbers for security reasons so no one can clone your information etc.
If your go to buy a another bike you will be able to enter the reg number and it will come back with the numbers and mileage etc....
Any thoughts before I go to far with the idea ?, all this comes about as a member on here brought a bike recently and the engine seems to have done 40k rather than what was advertised bit like doing a pre-buy check.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

XR650R Bike DataBase Empty Re: XR650R Bike DataBase

Post  Mauser Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 am

Bump come on guys show some interest, projects well on it's way even without your help listen up 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Well here it is, appreciate all the lack of support guys beat head 
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/bikeDatabse/index.php
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Good idea, you know full well the troubles I had with my "low mileage" bike that's done more like 30k++ (is it me you are referring to above?)

Will enter details later on.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Mauser wrote:Well here it is, appreciate all the lack of support guys beat head 
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/bikeDatabse/index.php
Nice. I'll put my 3 bikes in there when I have access to the paperwork.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

bigkuri wrote:Good idea, you know full well the troubles I had with my "low mileage" bike that's done more like 30k++ (is it me you are referring to above?)

Will enter details later on.... Smile
Might have been Very Happy just didn't want to mention any names as it was your bad luck involved Sad.

Thanks for supporting the new database, do you think it's OK to show most recently added bikes or should we only show a figure like "21 bikes within the database" ..what do you think ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Mauser wrote:
Thanks for supporting the new database, do you think it's OK to show most recently added bikes or should we only show a figure like "21 bikes within the database" ..what do you think ?.
I have my FJR in another database/registry.  You have to have a bike entered into the database to search others in the database.  

Seems like a fair way to do it to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:39 pm

dougc wrote:
Mauser wrote:
I have my FJR in another database/registry.  You have to have a bike entered into the database to search others in the database.  

Seems like a fair way to do it to me.
Good idea, never thought of that, only down side is if you want to buy your first piggy you cannot use the database ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

XR650R Bike DataBase Empty faulty mileage

Post  Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:09 am

when i got my xr, the clock read 10200kms, then once i got the ownership papers, which record mileage at sale points, i saw that it had a new speedo installed at around 6,oookms, so 16,oooks, plus it hadnt been rego'ed for a couple of yrs of its life, then i noticed the sump bung had previously been wired, [ aka race bike], then found the front wheel was all screwed up, bent rim badly repaired, not set up of the hub true, then when i pulled the mtr apart to freshen it up , very worn valves, knackered big end pin etc, etc...., thats what you get buying a second hand bike, just means that there's more stuff to man the wrenches on!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:02 am

Ahhh but if your bike had its details registered at some point then you could have at least checked the engine number and seen what the mileage was at the date of being entered into the database and then made a choice before buying ?.
I'm not saying this database is an answer to all second hand bike buying but it just seemed a easy painless way for fellow riders to look up the bikes history. Changing a speedo is a 1 minute job, but if the seller tries to claim the engine has only done low miles and the bikes details are registered you could easily check and then walk away ?.
Is free and safe easy to do, no registration required just a couple of minutes with your log book and your bikes recorded.
Also if your bike gets stolen we could place a large "STOLEN" image across the database details for your bike, anyone checking your frame/engine etc would know its nicked ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Create an application for phones if you want simple long and high usage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down