Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner Now with pics

Go down

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  Empty Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner Now with pics

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Hello just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new here and also just got my first dual sport. It's a 2001 Honda XR650R. It's actually my first non street bike. I've been riding for about 10 years. I've owned 2 Honda CBR 1100XX's and 2 Honda ST 1300's.
Wanted to try dual sporting with my dad.

Picked up the xr because it looks brand new. Original owner bike. Approx 600 miles according to him.

Now I just gotta get used to a kick start.

Decided on the XR because I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs and felt it would be a better bike for me.

I live just outside of Stockton CA and I'm in the hills so a good area to own one.

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  60158E85-BD32-417A-BCB3-8E05AA52F768_zpsff68beor

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  8E9BD898-6B63-4407-B86D-B2EC7114553D_zpszxjrfd9s

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  2C337D76-2C3A-469B-A152-E4ED8680E529_zpsvcbfuge0

Last edited by Nm767 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  Empty Re: Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner Now with pics

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Welcome to the forum
some the guys here will help out with your bike , l beleive the first year 650 r had a small promplem with the clutch bearing some one here with inform you with the upgrade repair
mike

Back to top Go down

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  Empty Re: Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner Now with pics

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:01 pm

If I figure out how to post pictures I will.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:02 pm

I ensured the clutch bearing was changed prior to purchase. The prior owner put it in the shop for the change. My father has a xr.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:20 pm

l have read many of the topics on these xr's and have learnt much , my former experince with dirt bikes were xr 500 r a different animal but one ask questions one gets answers
mike

Back to top Go down

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  Empty picture posting

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:29 pm

on needs a host for picture hosting many around . l use imgage share or photo bucket but again many photo shares around

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:37 pm

I have photobucket but still confused how to post pics on here

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:56 pm

l use photo bucket as well,left ckick then right click imgage and copy and paste onto forum
mike
Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  DSCF0426_zps3ec0b351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:59 pm

I figured it out Wink

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  2C337D76-2C3A-469B-A152-E4ED8680E529_zpsvcbfuge0

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  8E9BD898-6B63-4407-B86D-B2EC7114553D_zpszxjrfd9s

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  60158E85-BD32-417A-BCB3-8E05AA52F768_zpsff68beor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:14 pm

your bike is quite clean NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:16 pm

NOW GET IT DIRTY !!!!!!!!!!!
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Oh I can't wait to. But I gotta get confident in starting it first. Right now it takes forever to start it. I haven't quite figured it out lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Lovely bike , the starting its easy once you learn the secret technique  BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 pm

what l have done to my 04 to help in starting it was lenghten the foot step on the kick starter , l took a piece of alumiuim the same id as foot starter and hammered it on , now when l start the bike the kick starter lever goes to foot peg . l use to hit foot peg with my shin and actually broke blood vessels in my chin my leg or shin area turned black with the old blood !!!!!!!!!!!!. this upgrade made my bike start all the time and no more shin pains !!!
mike

Back to top Go down

Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  Empty kick starter lever lenghten

Post  Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:54 pm

this what l needed to do might not be required for all but works for me , l'm a short inseam person . l have hurt my right shim and thought about what l could doo to improve starting as one can see in this photo . This helped me with a little more useable start stroke , now my leg missings the foot peg .
mike
Hi new plated XR/dual sport owner   Now with pics  Greatwhitenorth014_zps05971506

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:51 am

Welcome,

I remember talking to you a few years ago about the ST13000.

Still have my CBR1100XX.

Though I have more fun on the XR.  nice 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:46 am

I also have a st1300. Sold my blue one flew to Texas and rode a beautiful white one home 4 months ago. It's a greT bike. But I also wanted something for the trails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down