Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New. Well...used, but in like new condition.

Go down

New. Well...used, but in like new condition. Empty New. Well...used, but in like new condition.

Post  Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Please allow my self to introduce...myself. Names Rog, I live in Rhode Island, I have a New England accent.

I bought an 00 Xr650r with a dual sport kit on it to commute to my business ; possibly go sumo. I got the bike cheap because the original owner uncorked it, the second owner "had the carb rebuilt" and couldnt diagnose the " it bogs at half throttle" issue as well as the dual sport kit crapping the bed. I discovered the carb was rebuilt with the stock jetting and the main jet was just hanging out in the float bowl when i took the carb off. After a new jet, carb gasket kit, header wrap (man that thing gets hot), some mirrors and few beers on the wire kit, I am street legal with a plate and have been dual sporting ever since.

I will be cruising the forums, reading and asking questions

I look forward to acquiring knowledge from all you endless vessels of info.
BRAAAPPP

Back to top Go down

New. Well...used, but in like new condition. Empty Re: New. Well...used, but in like new condition.

Post  Mauser Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Welcome to the forums, 2 rules your bike must never get dirty or exceed 4k rev's in any gear, apart from that we are pretty easy going  Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

New. Well...used, but in like new condition. Empty Re: New. Well...used, but in like new condition.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:48 am

Welcome  nice 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 am

"and few beers on the wire kit"

Hi, you should explain this bit. Here we use copper funnily enough, didn't know how to use beer for this....  Bump 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Beer is essential in the tinkering process. While it might not be for everyone, I enjoy it thoroughly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:29 am

Welcome.
 Frustrated 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 am

beer helps get the wiring in the proper order , colours are seen better , mike
oh welcome ,much info on this site for our xr needs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down