Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland

Go down

Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland Empty Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Thought I'd best say hello seeing as I have asked for advice.
Living in Scotland. Views are spectacular. Midges are dire.
So. My toys list at the moment include my 1998 XR400r and my 2001 XR650r. Both being set up for longer rides, not RTW, just a few hundred miles or so.
Basic mods on both bikes include the long range tanks and 12v auxiliary socket. The wee 4 has had a new Wiseco piston fitted as there was no paperwork with regards to servicing. Same story with the BRP so she'll be getting the same treatment soon.
I hope to get some good gen from this forum and also to help other folk out if I can.
Gary.

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland Empty Re: Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:33 pm

So have you fixed the problem then ?

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland Empty Re: Greetings from Argyll and Bute, Scotland

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Unfortunately, im working until tomorrow but im itching to get home as a guy on the rig im on who rides a duke 1198, he reckons its just running lean so im gonna pop the needle clip up one. Ill do an over run check and check on the sparkplug colour prior and afterwards. Just need to get home first lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Down one even, lift the needle up one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:54 am

Welcome Gary,
I'm not far away from you in Ayrshire. Work offshore also, if your ever down this way gimme a shout.
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Alright Baz. Good to see I'm not the only BRP rider in the village. Any good trails round your way?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:21 am

Not much round here, there is a practice track at Irvine but no trails as such.
Although we have the right to roam anywhere in Scotland we can't use our our bikes to do so. tears 
South of the border is a different story, loads of trails down there.
Anything up your way?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down