Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LH indicators not working

Go down

LH indicators not working Empty LH indicators not working

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Finally replaced my LH rear indicator after a small mishap a while ago.
However when I start the bike to check, the RH side (front and rear) flashes normally but the LH side does not flash or even light up, nothing. I can hear something buzzing in behind the speedo.
I'm thinking I may have damaged the flasher unit trying to use the LH indicator with only one bulb connected prior to carrying out the repair today.
Anyone good with bike electrics?

FYI, std globes and flasher

Back to top Go down

LH indicators not working Empty Re: LH indicators not working

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

"Anyone good with bike electrics?"

Dunno but I almost always seem to be able to keep the smoke in!
You see, electrics are tricky to manufacture. The manufacturing process may be simple in itself but the packaging of the smoke is not, it never is. And, under NO circumstances must you let the smoke escape, because without it it won't work anymore.
So... did you?

BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Are all bulbs 100% good ?, have you checked the connections ?, if you can hear noises from where the flasher lives its very likely that it is infact toasted , so try another one simples .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Yeah all the factory smoke is still inside the black box.
I need to check the new bulb inside the indicator, it's condition is unknown at this point, apart from being new.
The new connections are soldered as were the old ones.

(Back story) I had broken the old indicator (LHR) off previously, after getting back on and trying everything out the LH tried to work. I placed one of the old  (Large) indicators back on once I got home but it would only work if the bike was idling, would not work with the RPM raised. Figured this may be because of the different wattage of the bulbs. After purchasing and installing the replacement yesterday I now get this buzz, no attempt to light anything front or rear, Idle or raised rpm.

I'll get a price/availability for a new unit today and complete the other checks which should narrow things down a bit.

Just wasn't sure if the flasher can be damaged by attempting to function the indicators without the correct load on the circuit?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down