Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench

Go down

Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench Empty Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench

Post  Mauser Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench Empty Re: Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Why did he use a torque wrench for a freakin 8mm bolt! doh  I have owned several Honda bikes and have always hand tightened 8mm bolts with a ratchet till there snug! 8mm bolts are easy to snap and using a torque wrench is asking for trouble cause you will keep tightening till you hear the click or snap of the bolt!

I like how he try's to put oil in and wonders why it keeps overflowing and cant fit it all, and then realizes maybe he should start it to circulate it to fit the last quart! Someone needs to tell him about the xr650r forum! BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench Empty Re: Check Out 2.20.....lol with a torque wrench

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 pm

What a tool  Bananatool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:08 am

JRZ7285 wrote:Why did he use a torque wrench for a freakin 8mm bolt! doh  I have owned several Honda bikes and have always hand tightened 8mm bolts with a ratchet till there snug! 8mm bolts are easy to snap and using a torque wrench is asking for trouble cause you will keep tightening till you hear the click or snap of the bolt

Now there is some seriously flawed logic..... While I agree that people with a feel for 'snug' are fine there are people that don't have it. Using a torque wrench is the way to go for people that don't or for critical bolts.... As to snapping a bolt off using a torque wrench that would only happen if someone is using wet torque instead of dry torque or the bolt has previously been over tightened (probably by someone snugging it by hand.....). But then I come from the aircraft industry where there is a torque for every nut and bolt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:47 am

JRZ7285 wrote:Why did he use a torque wrench for a freakin 8mm bolt! doh 
Wasn't an 8mm bolt there all 6mm bolts....was a 8mm socket lol....sorry nit picking  Bump would love to watch the "drilled out bolt" movie he next makes  BRP smile 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 am

I do use a torque wrench on critical points, but not on the oil filter cover! I have read that these bolts break easy and my snug tightening method may seem out of logic but my wife does tell me I have big strong hands!  BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down