Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Suspension setups

Go down

Your Suspension setups Empty Your Suspension setups

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:00 am

Post em up.

My suspenders are bone stock, but after watching a 625SXC on yesterdays ride go up some narly **** effortlessly (we are of same rider ability) and i was all over the shop, my suspenders need work.

I weigh 85KG with gear.

Back to top Go down

Your Suspension setups Empty Full Precision Concepts minus

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 pm

I took the whole bike to Precision Concepts when Team Honda was there and had them do everything except the CR500 Rear Shock mod. Bob Bell and the rest there said that was only for guys riding 10/10s all the time and would be a minus at anything below 10/10s. I got the Ti rear spring too, which they recommended. About the only thing my riding has in common with Johnny Campbell is that we've both broken a wrist twice. So that was the clincher for me. Campbell, like me, apparently wants a very cush ride if possible; no SX hit monsters. The faster the bike goes the more confidence inspiring it performs.

I had PC do a lot of engine mods as well. Coming from two-strokes I was pretty disappointed in stock power in that I really missed that two-stroke hit when I want to lift the front end over something. Siraton gave me some parts they'd made for the race bikes as well. I kinda cleaned out there works box over a few years. Really nice people there at PC.

Funny thing is, I'm kinda strongly (and silently) anti stickers. When we get a new car I usually am out there removing all the excess emblems and stickers the same day. But as a kind gesture, Eric dug out the remaing sticker kit for the Team Honda 1000 bikes and stickered my bike up. Now my three year old calls my bike "Stickers" like the character from the film "Cars".

Back to top Go down

Your Suspension setups Empty Re: Your Suspension setups

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:20 am

Lets see some pictures of the stickers!

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 am

AURORA wrote:Lets see some pictures of the stickers!
What he said...
Your Suspension setups Uselesshg3
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Noob here with a suspension question. My rear shock appears to be quite compressed. The lock ring and adjusting ring are dialed way down. I assume this is "preload", yes? Does this affect the ride height?

I wouldn't mind a softer/plusher ride. I assume that adjusting these rings would do it? Looks like it takes a special tool. The repair manual says to see the owner's manual, which I don't have. Any help appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Your Suspension setups Empty Great Suspension Tool

Post  Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down