Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch clacking noise help please

Go down

Clutch clacking noise help please Empty Clutch clacking noise help please

Post  Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Helloooo. I've noticed noisy clacking noise develope on my xr latley. It's a 2000 model. It's been like it for a while now. I've recently got back from the isle of man on a 650 mile trip and doesn't appear any louder. When I bought the bike over a year ago I replaced the bush and replaced the clutch with new springs just for peace of mind. The clutch still works and operates normally as it always has. I'm just concerned with the noise. The pressure plate bearing appears to be fine. Also the basket has no visible wear or deep notches. Although I haven't yet measured the service limit, but I'm sure it's fine. I've read that the cushions can be worn on the basket. I was thinking of replacing the basket for a hinson one but soon found out you have to use your existing cushions. But you can't buy the cushions separately from honda, only the complete clutch which is obviously expensive. Dose anyone have any ideas

Back to top Go down

Clutch clacking noise help please Empty Re: Clutch clacking noise help please

Post  Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:10 pm

"Does anyone has ideas?"

Yes:
- open it up
- determine what is wrong
- fix it

It's a bike of around 18 years old, repairs really may be expected at some stage.
Also, yeah, the basket will probably cost a lot - but you still can buy it, so I (like in moi!) would not hesitate.
But, watchit, if you open it up you may just find more.... which I then also would fix, you're busy anyway hmm? BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 pm

I've removed the basket and there is some play in the gear that's attached to the basket. Probably a couple of mm side to side play. Which I'm pretty much sure it is the cushions that are worn. Il just have to put it back together and save the pennies for now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down