Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4

Go down

Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4 Empty Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 am

I know this is a simple install but when I loosened up my header bolts, 4 of the “header joints” all came out and fell to ground. Now I can’t find a pic of how they go in. Does one face out and one face in? 2 on each side. Does both on each pipe face the same way? Hope I’m painting a pretty picture of this so I can get some good feedback. Also when mounting my support strap on my q4 muffler where did you place it. I’m thinking in the turn signal bolt? Did you drill a new hole? Well thanks all. Can’t wait for the feed back. Be safe and God Bless!

Back to top Go down

Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4 Empty Re: Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4

Post  Mauser Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:54 am

Had a quick look online and struggled to find a picture of the headers on a 650....sorry BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4 Empty Re: Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:20 am

I know Mauser. I did the same thing! I’ve spent hours on this before I posted. Thank you for trying.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 am

Awesome dog Marine!
No idea what you're on about - you talking about those halfmoon thingies, 2 per headerpipe?
No rocketscience to put those back, they fit only 1 way properly.
Besides, look for the marks where they press against inside the 'ring', should be easy enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Help installing FMF Powerbomb and Q4 1fd2d610

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks BuRP. I posted a diagram pic to kinda show. I think I know how they go but just want to be sure. My dog is a Black German Shepherd and if I could get a side car I’m sure she’d go with me!! Anyway thanks for your reply. Semper Fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Ahhh 2 pieces so 1 overlaps the other, would have thought they are not handed but come in pairs...either pair will fit on either pipe if that makes sense, I would try some anti-seize on the studs whilst your at it BRP smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Oh ok got it. I’ll def put some on my studs. Thanks for the response.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:20 pm

I've been considering a Powerbomb/Q4 myself.

How does it sound? Is it noticeably quieter than stock?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down