Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a new section maybe...

Go down

Make a new section maybe... Empty Make a new section maybe...

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:49 pm

I'm shocked by how active this forum was as compared to now. I understand people sell their bikes and move on etc but I had no idea it may be to the level indicated here.

I would be interested in seeing another section here for people who did move on but maybe still lurk here or realized the error of their ways and want to come back to the world of BRP. Either way, maybe make a section here called "If not here... where and why?" This could be a place for people to tell of their forum demise and why why. Maybe they got sick of kick-starting their pig and sold it for just that reason. maybe a newer bike came along that better met their needs. maybe they got hurt and quit. Maybe they found another more active forum. Whatever the reason; let them tell it to us here about what happened to them, where they went and why. It could be two way closure . One for them to say goodbye and one for us to know why they left.

Last edited by Hermskii on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Make a new section maybe... Empty Re: Make a new section maybe...

Post  Mauser Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:36 pm

lol I don't think there is enough people who visit to say bye Bump
Anyone can use the main forum and post there, I have no objections Smile
As mentioned the bikes are few and far between see below:
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Honda+XR650R
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Make a new section maybe... Empty Do you?

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Do you still have your BRP Mauser? There are 17,000+ registered users here. I hope at least a couple hundred kept their pigs and come here for whatever reason. Maybe I'm just nostalgic because I have had a forum like this and recall the good old days of tons of activity. Thank you for what you and the others have done here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:22 pm

17,000 users really want deleting lol....yes I still got my baby, she's all tucked away for winter...here she was in Spring....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bRsemLzcI
Currently rebuilding/playing with a GPz550, along with the current fleet, Dt175MX, KH400 & RT2-360 lol....garage is a bit tight but they all fit in.

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Make a new section maybe... Empty WOW!

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:13 pm

WOW! That is one clean BRP. That's a special baby right there. Congrats.

Remind me to tell you my GPZ550 fresh of the track story. Well here is the short version: Back in 1987 I had a 1985 red white and blue Honda VF700F Interceptor. My buddy had a KAWI GPZ550. I don't know the year but it was red with black lines and accents, super-loud and fast. All the bolts had wires on them and it was fresh off the track. We raced lots. One time, we both unknowingly exited off a highway in Charleston, South Carolina on Interstate 26 at night doing about 75 mph into a right angle turn. The damn exit was to a street was called Ashley Phosphate. Neither one of us made it. My bike was totaled but I was pretty much OK. My buddy bike bike was OK but he was nearly totally. While he was in the hospital recovering for the next several months, I used his bike until I got my next interceptor. That GPZ seemed crazy-fast off the line and had a great pipe that really let it growl at high revs. Doing Engine revs up and down were very fast. It was easy to quietly ride up near people and rev it up real quick. People would jump and often birds near them on the ground would take off flying and crap all over the people who were feeding them. I loved going to parks on that thing! Good times!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:10 am

I had a ZX12-R till this year, now that's a quick bike lol, restricted to 186mph listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down