Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New BRP owner in Northern California

Go down

New BRP owner in Northern California Empty New BRP owner in Northern California

Post  Guest Sat May 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi all,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I recently acquired a California plated 2000 XR650R to replace my KLR650. Man, what a difference between the two bikes. Anyway, I'm currently waiting for my Baja Designs headlight so that I can get it on the road. I'll post a picture of it when it's back together. I'm definitely looking forward to learning all of the necessary tips and trick from you guys.

-Mike

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner in Northern California Empty Re: New BRP owner in Northern California

Post  Guest Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Welcome Mike!

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner in Northern California Empty Re: New BRP owner in Northern California

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 am

Welcome I am new here also, show us some pics.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 5:41 am

Welcome nice

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner in Northern California Empty I'm just over the hill in Glen Ellen

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Welcome mang rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 am

Welcome aboard, Mike.

Nice choice on the bike swap!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Welcome. I'm in SF and started out on a KLR too. Miss it lots, though. It's a great bike, and I always found the people who rode and wrenched on them to be very cool. You're in good company here as the XR community is very much the same.

You have another bike besides the XR?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2009 1:50 pm

Currently I have the XR and the KLR, which is for sale. I've had plenty of bikes in the past but with two kids, I'm lucky to have time to wrench and ride one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 2:31 am

Just throwing this out there in your thread, but maybe we could get enough critical mass for a Bay Area xr650r tech day. I have the smallest garage, with the fewest amount of tools, and the most anal apartment neighbors, so my place is probably not the best place to host, but I would if I had to! I could really use some suspension tuning and wiring work. I'm sure others could use some help and socializing too. If nothing else, it's fun to take off all the body parts and tank and see what you've got underneath.

What do you think? Know a place we could tinker and shoot the sh#t?

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner in Northern California Empty How about the eatin and drinkin first?

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 4:39 am

Could possibly use my place here in Glen Ellen. Not sure when though. How about we call it a tech day and bring thermometers for the beer? Or wine.

SFXR wrote:Just throwing this out there in your thread, but maybe we could get enough critical mass for a Bay Area xr650r tech day. I have the smallest garage, with the fewest amount of tools, and the most anal apartment neighbors, so my place is probably not the best place to host, but I would if I had to! I could really use some suspension tuning and wiring work. I'm sure others could use some help and socializing too. If nothing else, it's fun to take off all the body parts and tank and see what you've got underneath.

What do you think? Know a place we could tinker and shoot the sh#t?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 5:09 am

You live in Glen Ellen?! Only my favorite place. I was just there yesterday, wine tasting at Benziger, shopping at the local market--best selection of food and bev anywhere. I would give just about anything to live in Glen Ellen.

IN!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2009 4:49 pm

A tech day sounds great to me. Can't do it at my place but I could definitely bring beer, etc. sot someone else's place.

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner in Northern California Empty I''d be willing ...

Post  Guest Thu May 21, 2009 8:22 pm

I've been thinking this over for a few weeks. Here's what I'd be willing to do.
I'd be willing to host the party at my house. We have a pool so everyone is welcome to use that. I have a nice BBQ and have an excellent recipe I stole for some Mexican marinated chicken from Rosa's in Temecula if you know the place. I'd be willing to bury a Pig and cook it but would need help because I've never done it. If we do the chicken I'd be willing to pay for that so long as everyone else brings something to go with it like chips, tortillas, beans, rice, limes, etc. Or, if everyone wants to chip in a few bucks, or a lot of pesos, I could buy most everything at Costco and handle most of it. Pig wranglers are welcome to spend the night here if they want to drink, or want to get up the next day and visit some wineries. I can help you avoid the consumer trash wineries and instead hit the cool spots where you can perhaps get a tasting from the owner / winegrower. Or I can point you to the consumer trash wineries if you bring a woman who wants to go back to work and tell her friends she visited the name brands...

My main consideration is that I can't really do it until mid summer or later. I'm kinda burined right now in family stuff as we're preparing to move, and my grandmother is having a lot of problems in Oregon (she's 93 and likes to mix Vicodin with either Bourbon or wine.)

I haven't seen any posts from SFXR regarding his trip on the Transam trail. I'd sure like to work around his schedule.

All I ask is that we come up with a great name for the party, we make it an annual event, if we do it at my house we have to keep everything "family" because my girls are 1 and 3. No doubt that will be more work for me to watch it than most of you! But that also means everyone else is welcome to bring whoever so long as you watch your own kids!

Once it is dark I'd be willing to get a projector and show a movie on the garage door or something. Perhaps Dust to Glory. Or whatever, everyone has likely seen that anyway.

Perhaps we should start a seperate post on this?

SFXR wrote:You live in Glen Ellen?! Only my favorite place. I was just there yesterday, wine tasting at Benziger, shopping at the local market--best selection of food and bev anywhere. I would give just about anything to live in Glen Ellen.

IN!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down