Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly Report Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub

Go down

Fly  Report  Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub Empty Fly Report Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 am

My father and I just purchased a 1938 Piper J3 Cub and flew it home from CA to WA state. I wrote up a "Fly Report" of the trip. Thought some of you may be into aviation as well.

I know I know.......The poor XRR hasn't been out in a while. Between the house projects and the Cub the bike has been getting neglected. I'll have it back in the dirt again soon though.

Fly  Report  Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub Img2394
Taken on the trip home. Thats MT Shasta in the background.

Here's a link to the complete "FLY REPORT" with pics: CLICK HERE

Here's a short vid taken in the plane in route from Grants Pass OR to Cottage Grove OR.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Fly  Report  Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub Empty Re: Fly Report Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 am

Great video, simply amazing.
I know the special feeling I have had riding old bikes but it can't compare to that. It's just so Cool

Back to top Go down

Fly  Report  Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub Empty Re: Fly Report Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Sweet Cub!

When do I get a chance to fly it? scratch

Last edited by AURORA on Mon May 18, 2009 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2009 4:18 am

Hodakaguy:

Congrats! WooHooo!

Awesome choice of aircraft, and very cool "fly report." Keep us posted on how she works out!

A friend and his wife are really into the fly-in shows. If you ever see a Lionheart at one, say "hi" to the owner. It will be Neal O, for sure. Very Happy

Dave

Back to top Go down

Fly  Report  Trip Home in our new 1938 Piper Cub Empty I''m jealous

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Where's the hatch with the explosive bolts?

Very neat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down