Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCUBA tank tools for your bike

Go down

SCUBA tank tools for your bike Empty SCUBA tank tools for your bike

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 am

For you folks with a SCUBA tank sitting around, and nothing better to do, check out this straight tube air blower: http://northeastscubasupply.com/store/tools/air-blowers/cat_275.html?ccUser=62a8d93242113015be806cf6a4a531a5

It attaches to the LP hose of your 1st stage regulator, and is operated by applying finger pressure to the black, rubber section of the tool.

I ordered one from northeastscubasupply.com on Thursday, and started playing with it today. It's great for popping grips off the handle bars, even if they are glued or wired down. The air pressure delivered from a SCUBA tank is quite high, so I'm sure it will come in handy for many other purposes, as well.

They also sell a tire inflator tool, which attaches to the tank, in the same manner. These are great for filling tires, super quick, without the worries of a compressor. Back in the day, these were called "cheater valves," as one could hook up an empty tank and "steal" from an air source with more pressure.

Fire away with more SCUBA tank accessories to help the BRP owners, please. Very Happy

Here's a shot of my new air blower, with an old tire inflator in the shot.

SCUBA tank tools for your bike Airblower

Back to top Go down

SCUBA tank tools for your bike Empty Hay Dave

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 pm

I have a tool specific for removing grips. It's packed for moving but when I unload stuff I'll post what it is. It was hard to find I remember. It's nicely fabricated aluminum and slides under the grip perfectly. It's already paid for itself because I've been able to save the grips for re-use, or gifting, or putting on a bike that requires less of a death grip under acceleration. pig

Back to top Go down

SCUBA tank tools for your bike Empty Re: SCUBA tank tools for your bike

Post  Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:40 am

Bump:

Cool, I love special tools. Very Happy

Post it when you can.

Dave

Back to top Go down

SCUBA tank tools for your bike Empty Re: SCUBA tank tools for your bike

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down