Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED Rear Tail Light Option

Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty LED Rear Tail Light Option

Post  Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:05 am

This comes up from time to time so I thought I'd post it again in a more general way. This guy sells a light for $22 that replaces the OEM light under the red lens. For a budget DS conversion this seems pretty good. I have one but have never installed it so I can't offer a review. My bike had the BD DS kit when i bought although I have upgraded all teh lights to LED since.

I hope this shows up in the searches...

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=72

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty Re: LED Rear Tail Light Option

Post  Focker Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:19 am

Hodakaguy had the Edge2 Universal Tail Light Holder Kit on his XR and it was very nice!
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty LED Brake Light

Post  Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Check out the Whelen LIN3 for a brake light (DC) - You can use it with the stock tail light (convert it to LED if you want). The LIN 3 is super bright and you can change it from solid to several flash patterns - Easy to make bend up a peice of aluminum for a light mount and license plate holder mounted under the rear fender.

Check out youtube for some video of the LIN 3 on a bike

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty Huh?

Post  Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 pm

How about some links and prices?

I found prices from $50 to $100. And the YouTube vids are behind the bike watching lights turn on and off. Plus, most I found were for large street bikes like FJRs and STs. Show us some love here!!! BRP smile

ded6080 wrote:Check out the Whelen LIN3 for a brake light (DC) - You can use it with the stock tail light (convert it to LED if you want). The LIN 3 is super bright and you can change it from solid to several flash patterns - Easy to make bend up a peice of aluminum for a light mount and license plate holder mounted under the rear fender.

Check out youtube for some video of the LIN 3 on a bike

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty Whelen LIN3

Post  Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Bump wrote:How about some links and prices?

I found prices from $50 to $100. And the YouTube vids are behind the bike watching lights turn on and off. Plus, most I found were for large street bikes like FJRs and STs. Show us some love here!!!
Got mine from needlights.com out of OR - Right @ $50 to the door - Get the LIN3 not the TIR3 - The LIN3 has a wider field of view than the TIR3 - the TIR3 is slightly brighter though.
The LIN3 is a perfect size for under the fender - Yea I know - where are the f***ing pics LED Rear Tail Light Option 289879- I'll try to take some pics and post them sometime this week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 pm

heres mine and it works great
much better then that huge ugly stock taillight

LED Rear Tail Light Option 1--2

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty Whelen LIN3 Pics

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 am

LED Rear Tail Light Option Img_2211

LED Rear Tail Light Option Img22811

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty How you doin?

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:05 am

Still hoping for some private pics... JK

ded6080 wrote:
Bump wrote:How about some links and prices?

I found prices from $50 to $100. And the YouTube vids are behind the bike watching lights turn on and off. Plus, most I found were for large street bikes like FJRs and STs. Show us some love here!!!
Got mine from needlights.com out of OR - Right @ $50 to the door - Get the LIN3 not the TIR3 - The LIN3 has a wider field of view than the TIR3 - the TIR3 is slightly brighter though.
The LIN3 is a perfect size for under the fender - Yea I know - where are the f***ing pics LED Rear Tail Light Option 289879- I'll try to take some pics and post them sometime this week.

Back to top Go down

LED Rear Tail Light Option Empty LIN3 Bracket

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Bump wrote:Still hoping for some private pics... JK

PM sent - at least I think I sent it - still sitting in my outbox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down