Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hola de Mexico

Go down

Hola de Mexico Empty Hola de Mexico

Post  Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 pm

New first time XR650R owner here, picked up my 2006 model in Texas and leaving next week for home in Jalisco, Mexico. Will post up some photos once I get the moto fixed up some.

The seat on my XR has been modified with gel inserts and I would like to have a stock seat.
Am looking for a stock XR650R seat but do not see any classifieds in this forum. Anyone have a suggestion where I can find one other than ebay??

Back to top Go down

Hola de Mexico Empty Stock Seat???

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 am

You probably know what you are doing but the stock XRR seat is just about the worst seat ever. You can often find stock seats on Advrider. But I see them on eBay cheaper.

kiko wrote:New first time XR650R owner here, picked up my 2006 model in Texas and leaving next week for home in Jalisco, Mexico. Will post up some photos once I get the moto fixed up some.

The seat on my XR has been modified with gel inserts and I would like to have a stock seat.
Am looking for a stock XR650R seat but do not see any classifieds in this forum. Anyone have a suggestion where I can find one other than ebay??

Back to top Go down

Hola de Mexico Empty Re: Hola de Mexico

Post  Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:22 am

The bike came with a gel type seat, comfortable I guess but I would like a stock seat that I can modify for more off-road riding. The gel seat feels like I'm riding on a slab of meat. I want to save the gel seat just in case I go for a long dual sport ride and plan on sitting down a lot, but for now I am more interested in riding off-road.

I've ridden a DRZ400E seat for a year or so before I had Renazco redo it. I can't imagine that a stock XR650R seat could be as bad as a DRZ but then why not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 2:00 am

I'm 6'3" and I am actually looking for a taller seat to lift me up from the pegs more to give my legs more room. Not really sure where to look for that, but it sure would help from getting hamstring cramps. If you can help let m e know!

Back to top Go down

Hola de Mexico Empty Renazco Worked for Me

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 4:53 am

I had James Renazco make me a custom seat and at the time I lived around the corner from him so I took my bike over and he fitted me. I'm also 6' 3-4" with long legs. The seat is ass-heaven.

Thumper GUY wrote:I'm 6'3" and I am actually looking for a taller seat to lift me up from the pegs more to give my legs more room. Not really sure where to look for that, but it sure would help from getting hamstring cramps. If you can help let m e know!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down