Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mexico Pig Jockey

Go down

New Mexico Pig Jockey Empty New Mexico Pig Jockey

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:11 am

I am picking up my low miles 2000 XR650R this Saturday and am extremely excited. I rode an XR400 for years and loved that bike, but like all certified bike nuts I just had to try something else, so I got rid of the XR after 5 trouble free years of romping it hard, and went with a YZ450F. Hated it, hated it. So got rid of it and got a CRF450X. The CRF was okay but I decided that it was time to get back on an XR and put a dual sport kit on it, plate it and open a whole new world of riding experience. Decided that the XR650R was the bike for me.

I am retired U.S. Coast Guard now living in the high desert of New Mexico right at the foot of the Sacramento Mountains. A great place to live. I am looking forward to finding the other BRP riders in the Land of Enchantment and hanging out and learning from the pig jockeys on this forum.

Back to top Go down

New Mexico Pig Jockey Empty Re: New Mexico Pig Jockey

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:56 am

Your going to be addicted now New Mexico Pig Jockey Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

New Mexico Pig Jockey Empty SLOWLY, VERY SLOWLY

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:38 am

a ride is coming together in NM. Dave (Tucson) and I (LA) and AtomicXR (NM) and a Q from Colorado are very slowly coming into the the idea of a ride there. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 am

Bump wrote:a ride is coming together in NM. Dave (Tucson) and I (LA) and AtomicXR (NM) and a Q from Colorado are very slowly coming into the the idea of a ride there. Any ideas?

Unfortunately my acquisition of 2000 XRR fell through today. I went up to the northern part of the state to meet the owner, who came down from Colorado and found out that it looked much better in pictures than in person. During my brief 10 minute look I noticed loose (very loose) spokes on the front and rear, sprocket and chain just trash, electrical spaghetti everywhere, burned rear fender due to the lack of spacers when mounting the FMF pipe, and on and one. I decided at that point that I really did not want to buy a bike from that guy. My search continues.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 am

Coastie:

Sorry to hear about the trashed XRR. Good move walking away.

Fortunately, for every thrashed one, there seems to a gem.

I've found the best stuff using "Wanted" ads. It's amazing how many clean bikes are sitting around in storage. BRP smile

We will keep our fingers and toes crossed for you!

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:05 am

Sorry about this Coastie3202...but, if another plated one in CO comes up it is worth checking it out, because it will save you headaches when it comes to plating in NM.

Now how about a group ride in NM? I have some places that we could ride even in the winter that may be more like south of Albuquerque...yoou guys game?

Coastie3202 wrote:
Bump wrote:a ride is coming together in NM. Dave (Tucson) and I (LA) and AtomicXR (NM) and a Q from Colorado are very slowly coming into the the idea of a ride there. Any ideas?

Unfortunately my acquisition of 2000 XRR fell through today. I went up to the northern part of the state to meet the owner, who came down from Colorado and found out that it looked much better in pictures than in person. During my brief 10 minute look I noticed loose (very loose) spokes on the front and rear, sprocket and chain just trash, electrical spaghetti everywhere, burned rear fender due to the lack of spacers when mounting the FMF pipe, and on and one. I decided at that point that I really did not want to buy a bike from that guy. My search continues.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:16 am

AtomicXRer wrote:Sorry about this Coastie3202...but, if another plated one in CO comes up it is worth checking it out, because it will save you headaches when it comes to plating in NM.

Now how about a group ride in NM? I have some places that we could ride even in the winter that may be more like south of Albuquerque...yoou guys game?

I'm game. The SW is the greatest place on the planet. Best people, best culture, best food, best scenery, etc. I need to experience more of it before it's too late.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Coastie3202 wrote:
I am retired U.S. Coast Guard now living in the high desert of New Mexico right at the foot of the Sacramento Mountains. A great place to live. I am looking forward to finding the other BRP riders in the Land of Enchantment and hanging out and learning from the pig jockeys on this forum.

Retired Mud Puppy?

Now you are really in the mud with the XRR.

You live near Chama, NM?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down