Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rampart Range Rd

Go down

Rampart Range Rd Empty Rampart Range Rd

Post  Guest Wed May 26, 2010 4:37 pm

I went out for a ride today...man I probably should have waited Until Thursday, as Monday we had 50-60mph winds with Pikes Peak getting 110mph gust. So in other words a lot of trees are down.

It really stinks when you come to a downed tree and you have no where to go, the hill is too steep to push the bike up and get it turned around, and the bike is slightly too tall to just walk it under the downed tree. In the end I got it by...but more or less by accident as I was messing around with the bike and it fell off its kickstand and I caught it but it started to slide under the downed tree, so I leaned it over and pushed it partially through then I crawled under and pulled it the rest of the way and getting it back up right was the hard part as I had a lot of fuel in the tank...LOL

However in the end I did it, and only ran into two more downed trees but this time there were ways around. I'm thankful as otherwise it would of been a real pain to try and come back up and do this going up hill.

Starting point located off of FR348:
Rampart Range Rd DSCF6302

As I'm going down a very steep section I see this (I wish I had a reverse gear):
Rampart Range Rd DSCF6303

Rampart Range Rd DSCF6304

Looking back wondering how I will turn the bike around and if I do, am I capable of climbing up this:
Rampart Range Rd DSCF6305

I ended up leaning the bike way over, and pushing and pulling it under the downed tree...in hopes there were no others...LOL There were but not as bad as that, you could get around the others.

Then it was a pleasant thing seeing this creek crossing. There were 3 crossings total:
Rampart Range Rd DSCF6306

There were other harder sport to this trail but hard to stop and take pictures of such areas, but this shows in general what the trail looks like:
Rampart Range Rd DSCF6307

One of the points were you can split off onto another ATV trail called 349, there is a northern and a southern split but both head East from 650.

Rampart Range Rd DSCF6308

This is the section ending at ATV trail 677:
Rampart Range Rd DSCF6309

For anyone that wants the GPX file:
650 ATV Trail

Back to top Go down

Rampart Range Rd Empty Bitchin

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Wish I lived near THAT. Keep posting please...

Back to top Go down

Rampart Range Rd Empty Re: Rampart Range Rd

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:00 am

Thanks,
I love riding in forests and carry a 12" folding saw to clear a path passed fallen trees.

No hope with that one though Rampart Range Rd Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 pm

I ride so much and take so many photos for my site I'll try and remember to post some here.

But for those that want to also know where that rail is...just to see it on Google Satilite is sometimes fun...I record my tracks/trails with my Motorola Droid phone razz

Map tracks on Google.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110796142337260844158.00048773d60258afb575b&ll=39.220817,-105.072899&spn=0.141234,0.220757&z=12

My official writeup:
http://cowrw.forumotion.net/douglas-county-f10/650-long-hollow-atv-trail-t92.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:41 pm

you are so lucky with a terrain like that to ride

i wish one day i can ride those trails 2 Rampart Range Rd 289879

thnkz for the share & keep posting pics Rampart Range Rd 36202 Rampart Range Rd 817658 Rampart Range Rd 392435

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down