Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspension Guru's

Go down

Suspension Guru's Empty Suspension Guru's

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:27 am

Want to raise the rear (bottomed out on rough stuff last time went out) what's a good recommend height to take the bike to for someone 210lbs (95 KG's) 5-10 (1.79m) Riding - Undulating river tracks, shingle, tarmac.

Cheers Suspension Guru's Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Suspension Guru's Empty Re: Suspension Guru's

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:56 pm

3 3/4 to 4 inches.

If you are bottoming out you can either change your spring rates or lose weight. Does your rear shock have the proper nitrogen charge? Another option would be to take all of the money out of you wallet and send it to me. This reduction in weight will be enough to prevent any bottoming out of your suspension.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 pm

I was always bottoming out the stock suspension. Changed out to a cr500 hybrid rear with correct spring rate and valving and now I don't bottom out nearly as much. The biggest problem with this setup is the bike sits quite a bit taller. I know this doesn't exactly pertain to your question just trying to get my 8 posts in Suspension Guru's Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Suspension Guru's 63459 Weight of a credit card not going to help much Suspension Guru's Icon_biggrin never carry cash.

Yeah right amount of charge.

Maybe I could hook the back off my kx500 and have a hybrid Suspension Guru's Icon_smile

Its bottoming out on actual terrain cause the previous owner was a short guy, not from doing any kind of jump, sorry for not being clear. I'll adjust the sag rate to determine the height. 633mm and 495mm at present.

Back to top Go down

Suspension Guru's Empty At 250 I've never bottomed mine

Post  Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:07 pm

I just have the standard PC setup they used on the race bikes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:52 am

surpriserider wrote:I was always bottoming out the stock suspension. Changed out to a cr500 hybrid rear with correct spring rate and valving and now I don't bottom out nearly as much. The biggest problem with this setup is the bike sits quite a bit taller. I know this doesn't exactly pertain to your question just trying to get my 8 posts in Suspension Guru's Icon_biggrin

The CR500 shock is maybe 1 to 1.5 inches longer than the XR650R shock.

Back to top Go down

Suspension Guru's Empty The CR500 Rear Shock

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm

The race bikes used a highly modified CR500 rear shock but it was only good for Hengeveld speeds and was actually worse for us mere mortal speeds. Bob Bell told me that himself before anyone flames me.

There's a guy on here who specializes in BRP suspension. I think it's a reasonably easy DIY thing as well.

I recommend against changing out the suspension until you get the OEM stuff dialed in. That'll be the cheapest as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down