Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd)

Go down

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Empty Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd)

Post  Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 pm

A great event and a great time. Last race at this location was earlier this year and the course was 137 miles for bikes, quads, side by sides. Not sure about cage drivers.

This last race of the year is October 23rd. Located about 7 miles south of Wendover. Come check it out, race, watch or help out in the pits. I'm needing someone to help me in my pit. I'm racing my XRR.

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) BORWendover102010

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Image1

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Image9

Back to top Go down

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Empty Just saw this

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Sorry I've been really busy lately and not on here much. Will bookmark this race for the future. I really like that area. From Tonapah all the way up to the Snake River Gorge is great Dez riding. There's a guy out of Reno who runs a business taking guys on epic rides all through there and all the way to Montana.

Did you race it? How was it? How was the support and all? Weather? Any takeaways?

Back to top Go down

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Empty Re: Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd)

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Yes I raced 2 events this year, both near Wendover. It was awesome, 135-140 mile solo. 1 pit stop on my XRR's 4.3 gallon tank.
They'll let you stage gas cans at any of the checkpoints along the race or at the pit stop at 85 mile mark, where I refueled. Def. rugged terrain!

Back to top Go down

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Empty What sort of rugged?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 am

Not to be flippant but the photos look like pretty fast high desert type stuff.

Thanks for the reply!

Michelangelo wrote:Yes I raced 2 events this year, both near Wendover. It was awesome, 135-140 mile solo. 1 pit stop on my XRR's 4.3 gallon tank.
They'll let you stage gas cans at any of the checkpoints along the race or at the pit stop at 85 mile mark, where I refueled. Def. rugged terrain!

Back to top Go down

Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd) Empty Re: Bonneville Off-road Racing (last race of year-October 23rd)

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 am

Yeah there was a good mix of slow, sandy whoops mixed with rocky, sandy washes and some dirt road sections that were pretty fast. The fastest I got my XRR up to was only 86 mph though

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down