Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

engine problem

Go down

engine problem Empty engine problem

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 pm

hi everyone i am after some advice. my engine locked up and would not turn over. so i removed the engine removed the rocker cover and the bottom pully cover. tryed to turn the engine over forward but would not move so tried turning the engine backwards and when backwards then let the enigne turn over forward again but after few tuns locks up again can anyone help of any idea it could be

Back to top Go down

engine problem Empty Re: engine problem

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 pm

ashley2008 wrote:hi everyone i am after some advice. my engine locked up and would not turn over. so i removed the engine removed the rocker cover and the bottom pully cover. tryed to turn the engine over forward but would not move so tried turning the engine backwards and when backwards then let the enigne turn over forward again but after few tuns locks up again can anyone help of any idea it could be

Valve hitting the piston?

engine problem Xr650_11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:45 am

Ash,

first: did your pig 'lock up' whilst running, or was it when you kicked it? If it was the latter (I hope for your wallet's sake) then there's hope still.
second: it may be something to do with the decompression mechanism, and to check this lot you may need to remove the top & cam.
You need to have the Service Manual though, search on the net & download this thing.

Back to top Go down

engine problem Empty This seems like a great question for the Yahoo Group

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 am

Seriously, there's no end to the knowledge and experience there. Especially Thor, Eric, and Gene.

ashley2008 wrote:hi everyone i am after some advice. my engine locked up and would not turn over. so i removed the engine removed the rocker cover and the bottom pully cover. tryed to turn the engine over forward but would not move so tried turning the engine backwards and when backwards then let the enigne turn over forward again but after few tuns locks up again can anyone help of any idea it could be

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down