Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas milage

Go down

Gas milage Empty Gas milage

Post  Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Just curious what people get for mpg on the street with reasonable gearing. just lookin for averages, i know its hard not to hammer down on these bikes.

Back to top Go down

Gas milage Empty Perople should post gearing (both) and avg. speeds

Post  Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:44 pm

IMHO

Back to top Go down

Gas milage Empty Re: Gas milage

Post  Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 am

with standard gearing I get 130klms out of the standard tank (10 litres). Sorry but I'm too lazy to do a conversion Gas milage Sleep

Back to top Go down

Gas milage Empty Converted

Post  Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 am

10 liters = 2.64172052 US gallons
130 kilometers = 80.778255 miles
80.778255 / 2.64172052 = 30.5778959

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

Just put on a huge fuel tank and let it rip!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 am

Thats my next move! Prob. gonna do the clarke 4.3 and a Corbin seat, then rip that thing everywhere next summer.

Back to top Go down

Gas milage Empty 49 mpg (Imp) or 17.4 Km/l, 41 mpg (US)

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Running 15/43 gearing and an Acerbis 23 Litre tank (5 Imp. gal, 6 US gal), used the bike for commuting and everyday runabout. Mix of 30-40 mph town use and WOT 80+ mph.

In the early years consumption was up to 40 mpg (Imp), 15 km/l, 33.3 mpg (US), and rose to a fairly regular 44 mpg (Imp), 15.5 km/l, 36.7 mpg (US)

When I heard adding pure acetone to the petrol you could get 10% better mileage, I thought I'd give it a try. Sure enough it went up to the high 40's, the best was 49 mpg (Imp) or 17.4 Km/l, 41 mpg (US).

Lots of info on the interwebs about acetone in fuel, not all in agreement either but I'm sold on the idea. I added 1-4cc's per litre (0.1-0.4% if you want to calculate it in fl. oz. per Gal). Not ridden the bike in 18 months so not found the ideal % for UK fuel. Should be logging the car's consumption as it costs more to run. Fuel is now GBP1.13/l or GBP5.20/gal (Imp). I think thats equivalent to USD8.40/gal (US) Gas milage Icon_eek

Cheers,
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 am

Not street mileage but a desert race I did a few weeks ago with my 4.3 gallon tank I hit 110 miles until I went dry. That's when I had to tip the bike over to get 10 more miles out of the leftside tank. Race speed of course. An interesting comparison huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 5:03 am

Not street mileage but a desert race I did a few weeks ago with my 4.3 gallon tank I hit 110 miles until I went dry. That's when I had to tip the bike over to get 10 more miles out of the leftside tank. Race speed of course. An interesting comparison huh?

Back to top Go down

Gas milage Empty What is done to your engine?

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 11:51 am

Is your bike stock?

Michelangelo wrote:Not street mileage but a desert race I did a few weeks ago with my 4.3 gallon tank I hit 110 miles until I went dry. That's when I had to tip the bike over to get 10 more miles out of the leftside tank. Race speed of course. An interesting comparison huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 4:14 pm

That other weekend 180 miles on a tank with about a gallon left, which comes to about 34mpg, and this was 90% dirt, being in low gear climbing hills and what not. So I would expect mid to high 40's doing 55mph on pavement. Sorry, I will not be letting you know about that anytime soon as I try and stay off pavement. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm

sounds like I am doing something wrong
45mpg
in the twisties

and a big tank - not sure think 4.6gal
will be up for sale becaus I do not like the looks of it

still tinkering with the Gas milage 289879 dumb Edelbrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 am

average 40mpg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 pm

I haven't calculated my mileage yet, but it's usually around 70 miles on the tripmeter when I fill up...about 2 gallons. It's safe to assume I'm getting about 35mpg. That's with the stock tank. I have a larger tank I'm going to put on eventually. I just hate the look of the "natural" colored aftermarket tanks. If it was white black or red, I would have already installed it. clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 pm

get a clarke 4.3 red tank for an xr650r.

i forget what i have on my L, but it's also a clarke tank.

matches nice and gives you about 120 mile range depending on riding style.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm

I think the tank I have is the 4.3g...but natural...which means dirty like pissed on snow!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm

4.3 Clarke tank, 15-48 gearing, 42 mpg, 120 miles when I hit reserve dual sporting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down