Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie from Anaheim CA

Go down

Newbie from Anaheim CA Empty Newbie from Anaheim CA

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 pm

I'll be picking up my 04 XR650R in the next couple of days. It was previously owned by a couple of different guys who did not ride it much. It looks almost new. Still has the stock tires etc.

I'll be scanning this forum for tips on maintenance, and some moderate performance mods. My last bike was a wr426f, and I've owned a few cr500's in the past. I thought this would be a good bike for me now that I'm almost 50 to tag along with my sons who are just starting out.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Mike

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Anaheim CA Empty Re: Newbie from Anaheim CA

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 am

Welcome Mike,

and I'll make a bet with you straight off: someone who had CR500's (in a previous life? Wink ) will, once owning a Pig, not "tag along" but will roost his sons on the second ride out.
I probably loose that bet............ because I dunno if you've got that much patience to wait for the 2nd outing LOL
I hope the bike's un-corcked though, otherwise you'll win hands down, the corcked version is amazingly disappointing to ride.

If you dunno your bike yet then I'd suggest to spend some time finding info on it, and this forum is a good start. You need to know a few things but you'll find them when you browse a bit. Next is to get/download the Service Manual, and sorry, got no link here but it's easy to Google.
Otherwise ask here, people do help.
Enjoy your bike, and tell us how it compares to that CR500 will you? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:55 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down